Is chivalry dead? Or just in hiding? (1 Viewer)

Is chivalry dead?

• Yes (male)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes (female)

• No (male)

• No (female)

• Total voters

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
People should be considerate of others and display respect and common courtesy towards others, regardless of gender.

pman

Banned
HSC
Hope its not dead, I aim to be chivalrous/chivilric whatever the correct term is...I prob fail most of the time...Chivalry is dying becouse it was mainly a code followed by knights

dux&src

HSC
What do you expect from others?

pman

Banned
HSC
well, If i was a chick, I'd expect guys to hold the door open for me, be polite, clean language etc

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
well, If i was a chick, I'd expect guys to hold the door open for me, be polite, clean language etc

But if there's equality, as a man, shouldn't you want the same sort of thing as well.

dux&src

HSC
Interesting.
I have thought about it from both sides too, but yeah i think a guy can still do those things for a lady.

If a lady is expected to do those things however, then traditional roles would have been reversed?

Chilvary is fading with feminist movements? True no? Partly true?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If a lady is expected to do those things however, then traditional roles would have been reversed?
I'm not saying it's expected from either side, asides from courtesy. Let's take the holding the door example. Why not just simply, the person who gets there first holds it open. Gender does not come into it, and common courtesy for others still prevails.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Interesting.
I have thought about it from both sides too, but yeah i think a guy can still do those things for a lady.

Chilvary is fading with feminist movements? True no? Partly true?
Isn't it more because of lack of respect? Chivalry is not the opposite of feminism. Just because a guy treats a girl nicely doesn't mean that the girl won't recognise her rights, and just because a girl recognises her own rights doesn't mean a guy will treat her badly, and vice versa both ways in terms of gender. If they have mutual respect, there should be no problems. If not, then chivalry is dead in this case.

dux&src

HSC
These days girls like to believe that they are strong, capable of anything and because of this men stop to behave like gentlemen.
We want so much to give an impression of independent and strong women who can handle everything on our own without help from anyone. but in the end it is our loss.

To be a strong woman doesn't mean to deal with everything that comes your way alone (btw i'm not speaking about opening the door), but also in asking for help when you really need it. you may feel so crushed from the inside and desperately needing someone to help you, but you will find no one, because everyone will think that you don't need any kind of help - you are ''strong'' enough.

dux&src

HSC
Yeah, i know they aren't opposites. Sorry if i made it sound like it.

Lack of respect for others today is seeing the decline/death of chivalry?

ilikebeeef

HSC
These days girls like to believe that they are strong, capable of anything and because of this men stop to behave like gentlemen.
The stupid men, that is.

We want so much to give an impression of independent and strong women who can handle everything on our own without help from anyone. but in the end it is our loss.

To be a strong woman doesn't mean to deal with everything that comes your way alone (btw i'm not speaking about opening the door), but also in asking for help when you really need it. you may feel so crushed from the inside and desperately needing someone to help you, but you will find no one, because everyone will think that you don't need any kind of help - you are ''strong'' enough.
Well any smart feminist would know that you can't "be independent" ALL the time. No one can. That's why humans live in societies.

I guess it all points to stupidity then, lol.

Foodie

HSC
N/A
That's true, i guess.
So you are implying women killed chivalry?

I guess what I'm implying is that one cannot have their cake and eat it.

Chivalry is such an archaic notion IMO. In this day and age, women can certainly value charming and considerate men, but they definitely shouldn't expect it.

S

Slide

Chivalry died when women became drunken, whorish sluts.

Not going to open the door for anyone in a denim miniskirt with a tattoo on the small of her back.

Last edited by a moderator:

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
it doesn't have to be a game if you don't want it to be. :/

and williamc, out of curiosity, how many people have you slept with?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)