Is Commerce/ Information Systems good? (1 Viewer)

Valupatitta

HSC
Is it good for employment? like would u be more likely be employed if u have knowledge in computing

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Is it good for employment? like would u be more likely be employed if u have knowledge in computing
I can't say its bad. But it's definitely not a popular major in the commerce faculty.

rx34

HSC
I did a mandatory Info Sys course for my accounting major this year. It was fun, I got a HD in it (only 3% of the course got HDs). You learn how to use Access and Excel; I loved it. Then again, a major in Info Sys is different to a 6 unit course.

GINN

Banned
HSC
N/A
I did a mandatory Info Sys course for my accounting major this year. It was fun, I got a HD in it (only 3% of the course got HDs). You learn how to use Access and Excel; I loved it. Then again, a major in Info Sys is different to a 6 unit course.
There must have been a conspiracy and embargo to prevent me from getting 2 HD's.
CONSPIRACY I SAY.

dvse

HSC
N/A
Knowledge of programming (SQL, macros) can be pretty useful in finance, accounting etc at the early stages of your career as you are often working with data. You are not going to learn much from the IS major though. Computer science double degree is the only way to go if you are serious about computing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)