Is 'Dr Du' actually a doctor? (1 Viewer)

Pariston

HSC
I couldn't find anything online to substantiate his calling himself a doctor.
Does he have a PhD or MD? Otherwise that's fraudulent.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
he probably has a doctorate degree in maths either in Australia or overseas (just a blind guess)

"Doctors" are usually considered doctors either if their a practicing medical "doctor" or have a "doctorate degree"

Pariston

HSC
I guess where I'm coming from is, sometimes amongst asians (not racist; I'm asian myself), there is a tendency to false advertise your qualifications.
Like calling yourself a lecturer vs. just being a tutor.

I know what doctor officially means, but often doctors post their qualifications up to substantiate it. But couldn't find any for Dr Du.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I guess where I'm coming from is, sometimes amongst asians (not racist; I'm asian myself), there is a tendency to false advertise your qualifications.
Like calling yourself a lecturer vs. just being a tutor.

I know what doctor officially means, but often doctors post their qualifications up to substantiate it. But couldn't find any for Dr Du.
Is that a fair characterisation? There are cons in any community.

Dr Du if he is entitled to use of the address 'Dr' probably has a PhD. But Dr Truong, from what I read, is a medical doctor, who happens to be good in maths.

Suppose Dr Du is a con 'Dr', but is extremely good in mathematics, would you then not sign up with him?

Last edited:

aoc

HSC
Last i heard when i went there was that he had a phd in electrical engineering or a phd in some degree engineering related

D94

HSC
N/A
So what's your opinion on Dr. Seuss?

MinaSaw

HSC
Dr Du has a PHD in the mathematical analysis of the way of going through the most green lines in a straight line. (Or something like that it is about the mathematical analysis of a real life problem). I thought that it was just a name but he really does have a PHD.

Ps. Former student and it was part of our Trivia at Dr Du grad

Xzyle

HSC
I mean he gives university lectures to people WITH phds... so he definitely has one LOL

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Apologies for necroing an old thread as I've just found evidence to the Research Thesis that Dr Du had done together with Alan Nicholson to obtain his PhD.

Link to obtain the attached file for Uni Students: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-2615(96)00023-9

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)