Is Economics hard? (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!
I'm planning on doing economics for Year 11 and 12. Is economics hard/content heavy? What about business studies as well?

benson tip

HSC
Hi!
I'm planning on doing economics for Year 11 and 12. Is economics hard/content heavy? What about business studies as well?
Ecos is quite difficult because not only do u have to learn content but u also need stats and knowledge of contemporary economic events. On the other hand, busos is piss easy but scales very poorly

moonsuyoung

HSC
Ecos is quite difficult because not only do u have to learn content but u also need stats and knowledge of contemporary economic events. On the other hand, busos is piss easy but scales very poorly
Thank you!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
If you were to take Business Studies, you probably would not find it difficult. Its essential purpose (this applies mostly to the Preliminary course) is to introduce you to the different aspects of the business world. It does so through three topics, the first being an introductory one covering the nature of business and the other two exploring business management and business planning.

The HSC course builds on the foundation of knowledge that you gain as you complete the Preliminary course. HSC Business Studies is more specific and emphasises four key business functions, being operations, marketing, finance and human resources. In addition to the content, you will also study and incorporate real life and/or hypothetical business case study material into your responses, mainly Section IV responses.

Compared to Economics, you are likely to find Business Studies easier. Given the nature of Economics as a subject that explores only one area of business in more detail than Business Studies, which explores a multitude of business fields in slightly less detail. With that being said, you can definitely expect both subjects to be content-rich, meaning that it is important to ensure that you are up-to-date with the content and the syllabus. Coupled with sufficient practice (i.e by completing relevant practice material), favourable performance will hopefully be within reach.

I hope this helps! 😄

vishnay

God
HSC
Hi!
ecos more useful than business and scales better plus its not nearly as braindead

do eco and you'll see if u enjoy it or not

fuzi

HSC
While econ is definitely content heavy, don't think of it as all stuff you have to memorise, actually learn the content. While it can seem like it's just stuff you memorise, there is an underlying logic and interconnectedness between the areas which if you learn and practice, it becomes so much easier. A good way to practise it is to apply your knowledge to what you hear and read in the news, it helped me a lot with econ and made more than just memorisation, and to be honest I didn't really spend all that much time memorising content

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)