is economics the easiest subject? (1 Viewer)

is economics the easiest subject?

• Yes

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 52 77.6%
  • Dont do it! Dont care!

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Harimau
Its not that... Its too hard to explain really, and it has very little to do with the multiplier effect. Ugh, its just the way the minds of people who are mathematical work as compared to a more philosphical person.
I think Economics suits people with English minds more that people with Mathematical minds. The subject is basically all essay writing:rolleyes:.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Very objective..
tip1: learn about and you'll do well.. (learnt from prelim)

tip2: if didnt even read ure notes or turn up to class AND if u try to bs it.. u will get caned :( (learnt from trialz)

connie

HSC
N/A
so how come you want everyone else's notes than?

Kurby

HSC
N/A
i've just done year 11 and economics was so easy!!!!
there's like NO MATHS AT ALL, no calculations, or anything.
i swear, all u need to do is just study it like a humanity subject, get all the facts (and recent stats) and u'll be fine.. :p

malayz_angel

Originally posted by Merethrond
I think Economics suits people with English minds more that people with Mathematical minds. The subject is basically all essay writing:rolleyes:.
I disagree. Personally I think I have a very English/humanities oriented mind. Just look at my profile at my subjects and you'll see what I mean. However I would have to agree with Harimau, it takes a maths mind to see economics as easy!

I can write good essays if I know what I'm going on about. But the multiplier, mentions of tax revenue and government spending and any form of diagram seems to turn my brain off straight away. In two years of economics I learnt one diagram: the aggregate supply/demand diagram..and this was only because my teacher penalised me for not drawing it in my essay. My teacher knows my mathophobia and even mentions it in class when he has to explain something equation related. :(

So yeah..for some weird reason, I too, find economics a "mathematical" subject. I know I could do well if I sat down and memorised everything but if I had to understand a graph or table or diagram and explain what was going on, I'd be lost.

Nupil

HSC
N/A
I honestly think it's a subject that has been designed to accomodate both maths minded people, and those that are more english/humanities based.

Historically though it's a subject that has been concurrent with Physics and Maths ... thus most people that do do well in it happen to understand the maths behind it aswell. However I think HSC Economics is more directed towards being able to understand relationships between various strands of the economy - and both words and diagrams can be used for that ... and it's essentially about balancing out the maths and the words to get the best explanation. What is a supply and demand diagram but something that tells you there is a number of people that supply and some that want. (Not to over-simplify economics or anything here ... ) And even more evidence in the real world of eco - last years Nobel Prize wnner in economics created a "asymmetric value function" - which as Gittins translates means: "people hate losses more than they love gains" The guy just had to use lots of fancy lines/curves and maths functions to depict that!

And this is once again totally of the topic! But I dont do mathematics - loathed 2unit with a passion last year and said "fuck it" ... and that hasn't been a detriment to eco this year. I still reckon it's about the relationships and balancing up the maths and english/humanities side.

And I'm done now that I've bored you all. Ta ra.

cakes

hi
HSC
I hate economics.... so i find it really difficult, because I dont wanna read the stupid stuff in the text book. It all looks the same to me, but written in a different way

And I agree with whoever said you need a maths mind to find it easy! It's logical and objective(maybe it's just my excuse for sucking at maths and eco) I find subjects like English easier to comprehend

hk31

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
Out of all my subjects, it was the easiest..
HAH!

i'm directly opposite...
out of all my subjects, its my worst and the hardest...
:confused:
NO.....two weeks till eco!!!:chainsaw:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by hk31
HAH!

i'm directly opposite...
out of all my subjects, its my worst and the hardest...
:confused:
NO.....two weeks till eco!!!:chainsaw:
2 weeks :rolleyes: that's plenty of time

One week = CRAM

lol

smeyo

out of my subjects economics is my easist and best subject. for trial i studied the night before the exam, devoting time to other subjects and economics was my best with 97...

but it really depends on the person, if the get the basic concept then it is easy.. ending the exams on my best one is good sign,, i think anyway

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
Nope, id say econ is probaby my hardest subject - oh except english (but thats coz i never do anything and absolutely hate it)... i enjoy econ but there is just so much to learn and it always takes me ages to 'get' the concepts.

One thing i have learnt tho... ECONOMICS LIVES!!!

Blondie

do tell me....why on earth would there be a "dont do it dont care" option????? i mean, WHO IS SO BORED THAT THEY SURF FORUMS IN SUBJECTS THEY DONT DO?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!
i mean REALLY ppl!!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i think the hard bit about economics is grasping the concepts... and the whole refering to money as a product... so u can get the whole concept of interest rates and exchange rates.... dat shitted me until someone told me to refer to money like i would tomatos in the market. :d

the best part about economics.... i have the least notes for economics so it's faster to cram for :d

hardest part are
essays :(

toisthbe

Evil Member
eco is so easy, jus read wat teachers n textbooks n internet gibs u..

stupid 3/4maths, u gota do questions..
stupid english, gota find related text
stupid physics..!!! jus stupid in general..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)