Is engineering important ? URGENT QUESTION !!!! (1 Viewer)

felixyim

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone !

I'm starting yr12 in a few days, and planning to drop a subject, and currently engineering is my worst subject. The teachers are pretty bad, and barely teach. I'm planning to drop this, but i want to study mechanical engineering in uni. How important is engineering in high school relative to uni engineering ? FYI, im doing 4u maths and physics.

Thanks !

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I don't know if it is relevant or not, but I do know it's not necessary at all. 4U maths and Physics is great for engineering by the way

Shazer2

HSC
I dropped the shit out of it, it was boring as hell.

Rathaen

HSC
Not particularly important. Basically it's a bunch of topics that you mostly cover again (although much faster) in the first year of engineering at uni.

Helpful if you have trouble wrapping your head around this stuff, but honestly doing maths is more useful for you. Physics is about the same as engineering studies in terms of usefulness in preparing for a uni course, unless you decide to study more complex things on your own, since the syllabus is very dumbed down.

aimpacc

HSC
if ur doing bad and teacher are in bronze 5, might as well drop.

4unit maths mechanics and physics basically cover 90% of ur engineering course so its fine to drop.

if u #believe u can get through the course even with a bronze 5 teacher, and also get within the top (5 for high rank schools, 2 for lower rank) in ur school. then keep.

if u need it to get all rounders award, keep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)