Is ETLC tutoring good? (1 Viewer)

nixon3

HSC
Hey people,

just wondering if anyone here as gone to ETLC tutoring in eastwood, and whether it is good/bad, etc?

let me know
thanks

benji_10

HSC
Hi!

I go there and so far, it's good. I'm ahead of most, if not all of my class and I find that I have a better understanding of each topic. They do teach you handy shortcuts and they test you each week to keep your skills and knowledge fresh.
The downside is that they are on the expensive side and they operate only in Eastwood.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Hi!

The downside is that they are on the expensive side and they operate only in Eastwood.
How much do they charge? Duration of weekly lesson?

By the way they have a branch at Roseville it seems.

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
They charge quite a lot. I can't remember how much exactly; you have to actually go in person for her to quote the prices. I think it was over $80 per lesson or something (can't remember, probably went up, but then again most tutoring colleges these days are around that price). The annoying thing that made me avoid them was also how they would force you to pay for every one of their lessons (so say, she wouldn't allow me to start at some Term/Week even though I'd already learnt that stuff before, but would have to relearn it all from her), and that would mean my being put in a room with a video recording of her talking as a substitute for those lessons, but still paying full price for all those previous lessons.

I don't know - to be honest I have never gone to her. Maybe she changed her policy. It was hard enough to find (it's in the 2nd storey of some dodgy back alley apartment in Eastwood, which if you didn't know about already, you would think you were intruding into someone's home).

Even though I decided never to go, I can tell you that a few people I know went there and did quite well in their HSC. I shall try find my friend and get him to post a review if he wants.

WIK123

HSC
TBH, Intuition is a lot better. I went to ETLC for 3.5 years and I went to to Intu for 6 months and I realised how much of my time I had wasted. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)