Is Farenheit 9/11 a good text for representing conflicting perspectives? (1 Viewer)

marzi12

HSC
I need two supplementary texts for Module C and was thinking of doing Farenheit 9/11 as one of them, I haven't seen the movie yet but was wondering how well it represents conflicting perspectives, it sounds as if it may be too biased towards Michael Moores point of view rather than showing the American governments and Im not sure how much conflict is contained within this text. Is anyone doing this and are able to tell me how well it shows conflicting perspectives then I may go out and rent it. Any other texts that also fit in with Julias Caesar and possibly Farenheit 9/11 would be good as I still need two.

ashleighjade

HSC
Actually, Farenheit 9/11 is possibly a great text to do! Remember, the module is about REPRESENTATION AND TEXT. H+M is just along for the ride.
Being that it is so biased toward Mike Moore's POV, which is clearly already not going to be entirely correct whatever he's on about this time, you can argue about his perspective and other perspectives and, well, how this affects representation and text. See, it works.

Like Belonging, god love AOS, A LOT of texts can work for module c if you structure your argument appropriately.

Of course, it's always easier to structure all of your texts around the one event and argue the differentiating perspectives/representations. :)

(If you can't find enough conflict IN Farenheit 9/11, consider OUTSIDE of it. Critics reviews. A lot of people think Mike is a genius, even more think he's a complete moron..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)