Is feminism evil? (1 Viewer)

GoForTheEyes

HSC
Imagine a country where:
1) people are born with natural talents, abilities and proclivities
these traits are first defined by a person's genetic make up but then affected in some ways by the environment. the environment's most strong effects are on the fetus from the chemical environment of the womb, but they also include various types of treatment and experiences in childhood.

2) for occupations that are different but the IQ averages are similar, the wages are also similar
this makes it easier for peoples' traits to be freely expressed in the labour market: for two random people with the same IQ but different traits, neither has to sacrifice happiness for money by going into an occupation where they make more, but do work that they are not "fit" or wired for.

so knowing that when people follow their natural inclinations it leads to happiness, in this country, would it be wrong to influence people to go into occupations that their traits do not match, or even force companies (with some type of powerful intervention) to hire people whose traits do not fit the typical profile of people who already successfully work in those occupations?

Last edited:

MysteryGenius

HSC
Stop this. Stop this right now. Do you even know what you are talking about?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
'Feminism' has a much broader scope than affirmative action, feminists don't necessarily agree with affirmative action, it's not an essential part of feminism, so it's easy to immediately dismiss your provocative headline. Feminism, as an ideology advocating equality, is not evil.

2) for occupations that are different but the IQ averages are similar, the wages are also similar
I assume your argument is a proxy for the real world, and you're implying without the influence of 'feminism', this is how professions would be structured.

This doesn't reflect reality, a scenario like this will never happen. IQ required for an occupation has very little relationship to pay.

You're also implying that women have lower IQ, as a reason for their lower wages, that's not the reason.

this makes it easier for peoples' traits to be freely expressed in the labour market: for two random people with the same IQ but different traits, neither has to sacrifice happiness for money by going into an occupation where they make more, but do work that they are not "fit" or wired for.
I don't see this as a desirable situation. Employers don't exist as a charity to fulfill the 'free expression of traits in the labour market', or to bring happiness to people, it is not an essential concern of employers whether those who voluntarily join their workforce are happy. Pay should be determined by demand relative to supply, and negotiation between worker and employer.

so knowing that when people follow their natural inclinations it leads to happiness, in this country, would it be wrong to influence people to go into occupations that their traits do not match, or even force companies (with some type of powerful intervention) to hire people whose traits do not fit the typical profile of people who already successfully work in those occupations?
It would be fair and reasonable for there to be 'powerful intervention' to change a culture that discriminates against the employment of women, when the barriers to employment are based to an excessive extent on culture, beyond any difference in traits, when women equal to men in objective traits and qualifications receive adverse treatment for purely cultural reasons.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You got the vote, you got equal pay. What more do you broads want?

Lentern

HSC
I was being perfectly serious, what is it, 90% of violent crime is committed by men?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I was being perfectly serious, what is it, 90% of violent crime is committed by men?
White Knight man-feminist you have been brainwashed, feminists sprout lies and half-truths to further their radical agenda to feminise society such as the wage gap myth and the myth that domestic violence is only initiated by males.

MysteryGenius

HSC
Aww, that's cute. You've been watching the Amazing Atheist again, haven't you?

DURRTH TO WIMMIN HOW DURE THAY WUNT EQIL RITES

Lentern

HSC
White Knight man-feminist you have been brainwashed, feminists sprout lies and half-truths to further their radical agenda to feminise society such as the wage gap myth and the myth that domestic violence is only initiated by males.
Euck, white knighting is one of the most disgusting turns of phrase the 4chan monkeys have churned out. Anyway I'm not talking about domestic violence I'm talking about the fact that an overwhelming number of assaults and batteries reported involve only men. (ie one bloke bashing another).

COLDBOY

HSC
I think such a thing shouldn't exist in the first place. Everyone should be equal. Equal rights, equal benefits, equal punishment. Gender Equality. However at the current time, i do encourage Feminism as i think it is preferably needed, although at this time it is INDEFINITELY a different lifestyle for women, then say about 50 years ago. But yet i believe more work is needed to enhance lifestyle of women. Once again, HOWEVER i dislike and do NOT encourage feminists who's aim is to get power over men or use such a notion to their advantage in life, this defeats the purpose of what we should be and what we shouldn't.

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Some like you may say that men and women should be treated equally, without regard to one's gender but in reallity no one really believes in this horse crap not even the feminists otherwise the feminists would be protesting about shit like women playing in men's sport .

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
women earn more on an hourly basis than men in professional tennis precisely because of equal winnings

close the wage gap, end the equality

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Some like you may say that men and women should be treated equally, without regard to one's gender but in reallity no one really believes in this horse crap not even the feminists otherwise the feminists would be protesting about shit like women playing in men's sport .
There are campaigns about general neutral sports. They're just not as prominent as some of the more important topics.

MysteryGenius

HSC
"some like you" lol bloody hell
And no, it's just not that simple
If you really don't believe women need any more rights other than 'voting or equal pay' (I really don't care if you were joking about that), you really need to open your mind and look around you
Also, reading a little about it wouldn't hurt

Anyway, I'm done with this for tonight. I'm going to bed.

COLDBOY

HSC

Judging by the comment, someone has been watching the amazing atheist too! Me three!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)