• No

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I use another browser

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I was using it when it was Firebird or something like that? It's always been good and makes a great browser for looking at sites which I don't trust, but for my main browsing usage I use Maxthon (IE with tabs). Something about Firefox makes me feel like it's not fast enough, and the way that new tabs open, etc... I really like the plugins such as the Disable Javascript and Weather plugins, but then, the tab customisation plugin should've been built into the browser to begin with (as in, use mousewheel to switch tabs).

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
mostly firefox...but some site doesnt support firefox when playing video files, cant install plugins...

copy the link, open IE, paste it, watch the video, close it

FF's skins are so much better than IE's (IE doesnt have any skins at all)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What's IE7 like? I haven't tried it yet... didn't even know it was out >_>

As for the Firefox security... I heard it's not as secure as people make it out to seem- it's only because atm it's relatively simple, and the exploits which exist aren't as publicised or scrutinised because Mozilla is a not-for-profit organisation per se.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
seremify007 said:
As for the Firefox security... I heard it's not as secure as people make it out to seem- it's only because atm it's relatively simple, and the exploits which exist aren't as publicised or scrutinised because Mozilla is a not-for-profit organisation per se.
well they aren't realli that major exploits.... like in IE there are multiple ones that if u dun patch... gg if u go near anything remotely dodgy lolz..

firefox is patched more regularly and it's not as bulky as IE so really there is less code to have problems with.. also i seem to have to be pathcing IE once a fortnight which shitted me as just being plain inconvinent

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
seremify007 said:
What's IE7 like? I haven't tried it yet... didn't even know it was out >_>
It's currently in beta, and shipping with Windows Vista tst versions. It includes tabs and built in RSS, and it's been completely disassociated with the OS (Vista includes a separate Windows Update utility). A few reviews I've read have suggested that's it's a vast improvement over IE6 (it'd have to be), but we'll have to wait and see what the final version will be like.

I_F

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I use Avant, its sort of a skin that runs on top of IE. I love it and haven't had any security issues at all since i've used it (a good 3-4 months now). Its less bloated, has more features and extremely customisable.

edit: features built in that i use include auto refresh pages in specified time periods, rss reader and options to disable various thing like java applets, flash, scripts etc.

Last edited:

placebo101

HSC
i love firefox. its so much faster than explorer, cleaner and stable. and i dont think i can go without multiple tabs.

Scanorama

HSC
The codes of Firefox can be accessed by everyone, so if some people want to attack Firefox for its security holes, its much easier than IE. I started to use Firefox when it was in 0.8, switched from MSN Explorer, which was crap after Microsoft got rid of MSN Explorer client.

The only disadvantage firefox has is the memory leak problem. It's been going on as long as I can remember. Firefox 1.5 fixed the frequent crash due to memory leak, but Firefox 1.6 Alpha 1 (which will become Firefox 3.0) still has the problem, although it doesnt crash due memory leak.

P

pLuvia

To use the mouse scroll to move up and down the page :p I have no clue why it doesn't work on Firefox but works on IE

Also I have went to the options in Firefox and turned on the ability to scroll, yet it still doesn't work

Riviet

HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
To use the mouse scroll to move up and down the page :p I have no clue why it doesn't work on Firefox but works on IE
Also I have went to the options in Firefox and turned on the ability to scroll, yet it still doesn't work
It works fine on firefox for me... :confused:

malkin86

HSC
insert-username said:
It's currently in beta, and shipping with Windows Vista tst versions. It includes tabs and built in RSS, and it's been completely disassociated with the OS (Vista includes a separate Windows Update utility). A few reviews I've read have suggested that's it's a vast improvement over IE6 (it'd have to be), but we'll have to wait and see what the final version will be like.
I_F
Sounds like it's trying to be Safari... ;)

Raginsheep

HSC
From what I remember, Firefox pre 1.5beta 2 had a number of potentially catastrophic security holes but the fact is that its much more efficient to target IE not only becasue more people use it, but alot of those who do have little knowledge of computers and internet security. Besides, anything Microsoft does becomes a massive story.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Riviet said:
I recently started using Firefox again and I love it, esp. the multi tabbing instead of several windows. It also never stuffs up, unlike explorer, which is always displaying errors and needing to close and not responding. What do you think?

i completely agree riviet. firefox is by far the best browser, i've been using it for years.

Lavenderpup

HSC
Firefox kicks ass. Nuff' said. The large memory is the only issue but even with a crash, some extensions help to keep the pages exactly the same as it was before it crashed and then its no big deal =P
IE7 beta absolutely sucks >_> Its like a bad mock of firefox code thats uncustomisable -_-' But at least validated code and alpha pngs will work... Now if only they'd get rid of the stupid coloured scrollbars and dropshadows and chroma css crap -.-'

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Lavenderpup said:
Firefox kicks ass. Nuff' said. The large memory is the only issue but even with a crash, some extensions help to keep the pages exactly the same as it was before it crashed and then its no big deal =P
IE7 beta absolutely sucks >_> Its like a bad mock of firefox code thats uncustomisable -_-' But at least validated code and alpha pngs will work... Now if only they'd get rid of the stupid coloured scrollbars and dropshadows and chroma css crap -.-'
Apparently, the beta that ships with build 5270 of Vista is quite good. The tab bar isn't permanently stuck to the top of the browser, and one review that I read stated the ultimate blasphemy: IE7 + Vista (since in Vista IE7 is run in a "protected high security" mode) may be good enough for that reviewer to switch back from Firefox. :p

I_F

Raginsheep

HSC
Haha...just wait for the hackers to really start playing with vista....and "protected high security" on windows? Rofl!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)