Is going overseas going to hurt my uni chances? (1 Viewer)

gelo

HSC
I just finished Yr 12 & HSC.
I'm going to the Philippines next wednesday with two of my mates.
We're gonna be there through to January 17th.
So I'm gonna hafta check my UAI over the net...

Now, my concern is this:
Is my being overseas going to effect my chances to get into my desired uni/s?
I'm thinking the uni's on my preference list send out proposals or something similar saying that you've qualified with your UAI rank...
But since I'll be overseas until mid January, does that mean I won't be able to respond to these, thus lowering my chances of getting in?

To be honest, I don't know what I'm talking about.
But its just a gut feeling I have, probably paranoia.....

Also, cos I have no freaking idea how the "getting INTO uni" part works, after I get my UAI...

Any help?

pottsy44

HSC
you get offered a course over the internet.

you accept/decline over the internet.

its as simple as that.

T

Testpilot

You can authorise someone to act on your behalf, for example your mum/dad.

gelo

HSC
pottsy, that sounds like the best option, as my parents will be overseas as well...

so what website is it that i check up on to see whether i get offered one of my courses listed on my preferences...?

pottsy44

HSC
gelo said:
pottsy, that sounds like the best option, as my parents will be overseas as well...

so what website is it that i check up on to see whether i get offered one of my courses listed on my preferences...?
sorry dont mean to sound rude, but even if you were still in australia that is the most common way to check and accept an offer.

its all done of the uac website, you just need that '4 digit'? id thing and your password. i think thats what they are, i cant remember lol. just take a copy of all your uac pins and records with you incase you forget something.

aurel

HSC
I'm in a similar position to you gelo, and i was wondering exactly the same thing. But i'll probably be overseas until mid February, does this affect when uni starts or any other direct correspondence you need to have with the uni?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)