Is having all my tutes this close together a bad idea? (1 Viewer)

jamjar31

HSC
I'm worried about workload, and exams and stuff. I am also hoping to work hard enough to get a HD average, so is putting all my tutes together like this a bad idea?
qYPUf.png

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You'll be fine as long as you use those free days productively. Chances are most assignments won't fall at the same time, and exams (at least the major one) should be held at separate times any way.

jamjar31

HSC
Mmm, fair enough. Do you think I should move my econ1101 tute to tuesday before my econ1101 lecture? Might make things a little easier

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
In my year ECON1101 and ACCT1501 had Mid Sem in the same week. ECON1101 has now changed to two class quiz instead as of last year. I am guessing it will be the same. ECON1203 has now changed from 2 quiz to like a mid sem. Last year ECON1203 and ACCT1501 Mid Sem were in the same week. The Mid Sems aren't that long so you shouldn't worry too much. If you use those breaks productively you should be fine.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Mmm, fair enough. Do you think I should move my econ1101 tute to tuesday before my econ1101 lecture? Might make things a little easier
In what sense do you consider it to be easier?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The thing with that is that you may find yourself in a situation where ECON1101 and 1203 put their class tests on the same week and you have two straight hours of tests.

So... yeah. But if that's the best you can do, then well... just have to study up I suppose.

I don't like putting tutes near tutes for that reason - if I can help it.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The thing with that is that you may find yourself in a situation where ECON1101 and 1203 put their class tests on the same week and you have two straight hours of tests.

So... yeah. But if that's the best you can do, then well... just have to study up I suppose.

I don't like putting tutes near tutes for that reason - if I can help it.
Depending on the structure of a tutorial, this is quite sound advice.

There's nothing worse than not having the downtime just before an in-class exam/quiz to properly focus.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If possible, I pair up lectures and tutes for that reason. That way, I can skip a lecture beforehand if I must. I've actually skipped a few lectures to focus on a test in the tutorial in the next time slot. I find that a good system but... again, depends on how flexible you are with your timetable and if you're willing to overly plan something like that.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If possible, I pair up lectures and tutes for that reason. That way, I can skip a lecture beforehand if I must. I've actually skipped a few lectures to focus on a test in the tutorial in the next time slot. I find that a good system but... again, depends on how flexible you are with your timetable and if you're willing to overly plan something like that.
To follow on from that, some units have marked tutorial attendance (not sure if that's the case with your units OP) so keep flexibility in mind as SD mentioned.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
But having a five day weekend and having to suffer (re: at no academic loss) a couple of times during the session is infinitely better than spreading things out over more days.

jamjar31

HSC
In what sense do you consider it to be easier?
Since my econ1101 tute and my econ1203 tute are one after the other, I thought moving my econ1101 tute to another day (preferably Tuesday) would make things a little easier in terms of testing, as it give me about two hours or so between tutes to revise, and no possibility of two tests in a row.

jesli16

HSC
my timetable's similar to yours in that i have all my lectures bunched up together and ALL 4 of my tutes are one after the other on a friday because they're in the same building so i figured convenience and save time. the way i see it is that if you can manage yourself with your timetable then you should be fine. if you have good study habits, good composure and are able to re-focus easily then it shouldn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)