Is HSC Business Harder Than Yr11? (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

I'm doing OK in Yr11 Business and I've found it fairly easy so far. Is it any more difficult in the HSC? If I were to get low-mid 90s in Yr11 can I expect to get a Band 6 in the HSC with the same level of work and study? Is it more "difficult" as such?

BTW. For any past Economics students.....I have the same questions for you too.

M@C D@DDY

HSC
nah not more difficult for either subject just a lot more work and more study as every1 all try.. business definitely easier than eco because stuff are so predictable

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
not really, its practically similar in things you learn.
like many subjects yr 11 provide the basis of the HSC course. although its a similar concept and degree of complexity you'll learn different things e.g a marketing plan and of course different topics.

enjoy yr 11 + yr 12.

Tabris

HSC
more than half of the HSC business studies course is an extension and deeper focus of the prelim. there will be still a finance , employment relations and marketing topic, just more facts to learn and memorise

santaslayer

HSC
Prelim and HSC Business studies are quite stable. It dosen't get harder or easier, it's just the same. :)

kpq_sniper017

yea, i noticed that the hsc business course just takes the four business functions (or three of them anyway) into more detail. so really the only difficulty arises when u get more competition from the ones who used to be lazy??
right now, i've got three or four competitors in business - difference between the top 4 was around 1.5 marks in the last exam, but after that there's a sizeable gap. in eco, almost the whole class is competition. :(

i guess i just have to study more frequently and keep up with the competition :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i have no competiton in business! i did okay in our 1st test ( around 85 percent) and the person who came 2nd got 65 percent!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^ no, it is the people that are insane. nah seriously they are okay people, but they dont listen in class or study, and thus they can get 65 per cent from just like general knowledge

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by *girl04*
^^^ no, it is the people that are insane. nah seriously they are okay people, but they dont listen in class or study, and thus they can get 65 per cent from just like general knowledge
what school do you go to?
do a lot of people do business at ur school, coz in my grade there are about 80 i think - a few of the guys said they're gonna drop it at the end of term 3, but they're the ones that give me the competition. so, it'd gonna be kinda crap having no incentive to do well. i guess i'll have to rely on self-motivation.

Kulazzi

HSC
theres a total of 45 doing biz-----> divided into two classes.....my biz teacher said that even tho I had received good marks and I am at a good rank, I am in a subject where there is heaps of competitions from other student :(

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
what school do you go to?
do a lot of people do business at ur school, coz in my grade there are about 80 i think - a few of the guys said they're gonna drop it at the end of term 3, but they're the ones that give me the competition. so, it'd gonna be kinda crap having no incentive to do well. i guess i'll have to rely on self-motivation.
um my school is just my local gov school.

we have two business classes, but they are small. ( ours has 10, and the other has 15) so all uop about 25. Yeah it is true about the motavation. i am more motavatied to chemistry because i have to work hard just to get in the top 30, or so

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Kulazzi
.my biz teacher said that even tho I had received good marks and I am at a good rank, I am in a subject where there is heaps of competitions from other student :(
That's only true at the top and bottom ends of the scale. Its hard not to come last if your not that bright, and competition is insanely fierce at the top end. 100% is probably a good start to become 1st ranked in the state because of the course's simplicity. :p

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by *girl04*
um my school is just my local gov school.

we have two business classes, but they are small. ( ours has 10, and the other has 15) so all uop about 25. Yeah it is true about the motavation. i am more motavatied to chemistry because i have to work hard just to get in the top 30, or so
there's only one chem class in my grade - about 25 people i think. damn, lost .5 a mark in my chem prac. 24.5/25.....added units that i wasn't supposed. that gives me 29.7/30 so far (with weightings of 15% for both of my chem assessments) - i wonder if that gets rounded to 30/30 :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ we have two chem classes! all the subjects i do have 2 classes. i guess that is a bad thing??!!?!?!? harder to get good rankings?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)