is it bad if i don't go to any open/info days for uni? (1 Viewer)

elissajean

HSC
Uni Grad
I've never been to any open days at my University, and I get by okay. However, it does help you to learn your way around and meet a few people in your degree, and this can definitely help you get your bearings in first year.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I've never been to any open days at my University, and I get by okay. However, it does help you to learn your way around and meet a few people in your degree, and this can definitely help you get your bearings in first year.
Yeah, i only went to the info day. There is orentiation stuff in the first week of uni that you can attend, and even if not i doubt you will run into any problems.

Rawf

HSC
The only open days I attend are UNSW's.
They're soooooo fun and you get so much free stuff (mostly stuff you'll never use in your life!). I still have a bag full of lollipops they gave out at the 'Village Green' place haha.
In my opinion, the talks are not that great and are kinda boring/not that informative... well that is for at least all the talks I have attended.

HSC
N/A
Not going to open days won't be 'bad', as such. A large number of people get tricked into think it's representative of what uni life is like, but in actual fact, open days are days when there's virtually no actual students at uni, and everything is targeting high schoolers.

It's a good idea to go to a uni you're interested in, and see what the vibe is like, but you can do this anytime during semester and get a more realistic view of what uni life is really like. There are also opportunities to book appointments with professors of the subject area you're interested in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)