Is it better to be tutored in chem or phys? (1 Viewer)

Paaandora

HSC
I wanna go to zhangshsc next year, but i can't do both phys and chem cause du already stripped 80% of my parent's income, so people who know, do u think it will be better to get tutored in chem or physics?

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
I wanna go to zhangshsc next year, but i can't do both phys and chem cause du already stripped 80% of my parent's income, so people who know, do u think it will be better to get tutored in chem or physics?
hey, i can only comment on year 11 physics, sorry for that. but it's self manageable honestly. you just need to get a textbook to rely on (since physics teachers at school r not qualified enough smh) and you need to compile a bunch of practise questions. it will be easier if you do tutoring for physics because the teachers there are skilled + experienced teaching the syllabus since schools tend to skip over some of the syllabus because,

1. they don't have enough time
2. thery are unskilled in teaching some modules.

mod 3 tends to be skipped a lot at school bc the teachers have no experience with teaching it + barely have any knowledge about it.

also since dr du is expensive for you, why not try a cheaper alternative, like ngo?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
some of it also depends on the quality of ur teachers at school. if u find that ur teachers rarely give you feedback and you dont benefit from the school lessons, def consider a tutor. otherwise, a good teacher and a good textbook is often all u need to pull urself up

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
bro if u think yr 11 fees are bad omlπŸ’€πŸ’€ u in for a big surprise in a yrs time

Last edited:

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Change math tutors then there are more affordable and better ones than Du

Paaandora

HSC
hey, i can only comment on year 11 physics, sorry for that. but it's self manageable honestly. you just need to get a textbook to rely on (since physics teachers at school r not qualified enough smh) and you need to compile a bunch of practise questions. it will be easier if you do tutoring for physics because the teachers there are skilled + experienced teaching the syllabus since schools tend to skip over some of the syllabus because,

mod 3 tends to be skipped a lot at school bc the teachers have no experience with teaching it + barely have any knowledge about it.

also since dr du is expensive for you, why not try a cheaper alternative, like ngo?
NEVER, DR DU >>>

Paaandora

HSC

thank you, what mods do you think are the hardest?

Paaandora

HSC
prelims: probably mod 2 or 4. module 1 is either suvat plugging or some basic vector manipulation, mod 2 deals with forces and it can get a bit tricky, mod 3 deals with waves/themo (so fucking boring), mod 4 is like electricity

hsc: mod 5 builds on mod 1/2 so you should defs have those covered well, mod 6(electromagnetism) is the hardest (haven't started it yet so can't say much), mod 7 is the most 'theory based' from what i know - special relativity can be really annoying, mod 8 is just a mish mash of everything
thanks bro im gonna get a state rank thanks to u

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
thank you, what mods do you think are the hardest?
okay here's the thing, difficulty just depends on the person, i found mod 1, the easiest of them all, difficult. looking back it's like a "wtf i found kinematics difficult?" but i'll definetly say, mod 3 (waves and thermodynamics) is the content heaviest of the 4 mods you will be learning during year 11. year 11 is the foundation for year 12 physics. mod 2 (dynamics) will be used in mod 5 advanced mechanics, mod 3 will be applied in mod 7, basically you get the jizz. so make sure you thoroughly learn all of the foundation mods conceptually and practise them out

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
prelims: probably mod 2 or 4. module 1 is either suvat plugging or some basic vector manipulation, mod 2 deals with forces and it can get a bit tricky, mod 3 deals with waves/themo (so fucking boring), mod 4 is like electricity

hsc: mod 5 builds on mod 1/2 so you should defs have those covered well, mod 6(electromagnetism) is the hardest (haven't started it yet so can't say much), mod 7 is the most 'theory based' from what i know - special relativity can be really annoying, mod 8 is just a mish mash of everything
bruhh amonium πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC

bro did u start mod 5 already

Paaandora

HSC
you should also ask how fast your school goes and if they go out of order; my school is up to mod 4 (they skipped vector subtraction) which is on the same pace as some tutoring centres, if not faster (rip all of the ppl in my school who go matrix for phys)
u could also try peak for chem if you can afford it; i've heard it's very good for value
peak is great but it only offers online chem and i cant go f2f cause its 2 hours from where i live......

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
you should also ask how fast your school goes and if they go out of order; my school is up to mod 4 (they skipped vector subtraction) which is on the same pace as some tutoring centres, if not faster (rip all of the ppl in my school who go matrix for phys)
u could also try peak for chem if you can afford it; i've heard it's very good for value
why r u like this, matrix is so good for science 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)