Is it ever too late? (1 Viewer)

muscleman09

HSC
Hey guys... just wanted to know (there are probably people in my position too) is it ever too late to start and go well?

So far, my results have been say " just above average".. but my rankings for my subjects are all in the 2nd and 3rd quartiles and 1 in the 1st for one subject... Standard English (2/72)

Ive got my half yearlies coming up, and im going to be studying my ass off... i will make sure that i am in the 1st and 2nd quartile only for each subject... but... like... my daily study during the normal term is quite horrible, and wanted to know, will that have any impact on me come HSC.

My daily study for each subject for terms 1 and 2 have been disgusting. thats the only way i can put it... i do my h/w and study hard for assessments... but.. i feel like im going to fail somehow because compared to other students at my school ( all studying everyday without fail) i feel hopeless.

Do you guys believe that with the 6 months or so we have till HSC, that its possible to still go well with consistent study everyday? Cause basically the point of study, is to prevent cramming... and cramming is something which has not been a friend of mine before... thanks for reading da post :)

GUYS PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS AS BRAGGING IM SERIOUS ABOUT IT! I dont know if its just my attitude but i really am really starting to feel the pressure of the HSC... please dont take the OP as me bragging ty...

Last edited:

SophJI

HSC
Hey guys... just wanted to know (there are probably people in my position too) is it ever too late to start and go well?

So far, my results have been say " just above average".. but my rankings for my subjects are all in the 2nd and 3rd quartiles and 1 in the 1st for one subject... Standard English (2/72)

Ive got my half yearlies coming up, and im going to be studying my ass off... i will make sure that i am in the 1st and 2nd quartile only for each subject... but... like... my daily study during the normal term is quite horrible, and wanted to know, will that have any impact on me come HSC.

My daily study for each subject for terms 1 and 2 have been disgusting. thats the only way i can put it... i do my h/w and study hard for assessments... but.. i feel like im going to fail somehow because compared to other students at my school ( all studying everyday without fail) i feel hopeless.

Do you guys believe that with the 6 months or so we have till HSC, that its possible to still go well with consistent study everyday? Cause basically the point of study, is to prevent cramming... and cramming is something which has not been a friend of mine before... thanks for reading da post :)

Are you showing off or what

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Through year 11 and up until these recent half yearlies (last week + this week) I've crammed at most, 1 week ~ 3 days before my exams (subjects are pretty spaced out for me though because I do 2 languages + extension through correspondence) and I've maintained top ranks and marks between mid eighties to high nineties.

Thats just me though. I usually pay attention in class & complete the work, as well as occasional homework. (I should really stop the habit of cramming and begin studying regularly though. Esp. for languages. Prolly start in these upcoming holidays.)

I say yes, 6 months is enough. Study 4 hours a day and you'll be fine, for sure. But I guess you also have to take in account how well you understand and retain the information.

Remember, quality over quantity ;D

Edit: ARE you bragging ):?

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Simple answer:

Start to srudy effectively now, and I'm sure you could even pull off a 92+

It's never too late until the HSC is over but you really need to start now, study hard and I'm sure you could even rank in the top 3 for each subject if you put in extreme effort.

So stop bludging and start studying!

Good Luck!

muscleman09

HSC
Are you showing off or what

showing off? showing off what? my epic fail ranks?Im just telling u my rankings, which arent great...

so shut the fuck up bitch and and just answer the OP

Your the type of person who pisses me off, dont go OFF TOPIC just answer the fucking problem i have... jeez

apologies for the swearing to other BoS members... this was directed to SophJI ONLY

muscleman09

HSC
Simple answer:

Start to srudy effectively now, and I'm sure you could even pull off a 92+

It's never too late until the HSC is over but you really need to start now, study hard and I'm sure you could even rank in the top 3 for each subject if you put in extreme effort.

So stop bludging and start studying!

Good Luck!
iruler... ur the type of person i love.. seriously... i dont know if ur kidding but just by saying, pulling of a 92.. u give me inspiration :D cheers buddy +1

oly1991

HSC
showing off? showing off what? my epic fail ranks?Im just telling u my rankings, which arent great...

so shut the fuck up bitch and and just answer the OP

Your the type of person who pisses me off, dont go OFF TOPIC just answer the fucking problem i have... jeez

apologies for the swearing to other BoS members... this was directed to SophJI ONLY
ur rankings r actually quite good so dw and just study a bit more

muscleman09

HSC
(2/72)
you call that epic fail??
you have issues

thats 1 subject

there rest are horrible... well average, i just dont know if average is good enough to get a medioco UAI...

btw sorry for going mad and u Soph... im just letting off a little steam on my keyboard...

yo mama so fat

HSC
N/A
realistically, its hard to improve/worsen your ranks dramatically

iruler is the king of false hope

muscleman09

HSC
realistically, its hard to improve/worsen your ranks dramatically

iruler is the king of false hope

thats incorrect...

u get 80% in maths test... everyone else gets 75% and below, you come 1st.

Next assessment comes... you get 50% in maths test, everyone else gets 75%, your ranking will now fall behind all of those other students... am i right??

but meh... i will still go hard at it!!! believe!!

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
iruler... ur the type of person i love.. seriously... i dont know if ur kidding but just by saying, pulling of a 92.. u give me inspiration :D cheers buddy +1
Nope, I'm not kidding. It's the truth. You can achieve anything you put your mind to. This also requires effort which I'm sure you can put in. You are the only one who can stop your self from achieving something.

Good luck with study! and make sure you give it 100%!

yo mama so fat

HSC
N/A
thats incorrect...

u get 80% in maths test... everyone else gets 75% and below, you come 1st.

Next assessment comes... you get 50% in maths test, everyone else gets 75%, your ranking will now fall behind all of those other students... am i right??

but meh... i will still go hard at it!!! believe!!
if u had the capabilities to top in the first place, and u studied for the next test, what are the chances you'll get 50%?

yo mama so fat

HSC
N/A
Nope, I'm not kidding. It's the truth. You can achieve anything you put your mind to. This also requires effort which I'm sure you can put in. You are the only one who can stop your self from achieving something.

Good luck with study! and make sure you give it 100%!
mb 92 was achievable, but thats just going overboard, honestly if u actually believe "you can achieve anything you put your mind to" ,

try beating me in da hsc

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
It's never too late.

It's nice to see that you have a great attitude to studying :) With what you've said, your ranks should jump up quite a bit, good luck!

KnifeySpoony

HSC
So 'm in pretty much the same situation as the o.p, except my half yearlies have come and gone - and i pretty much fucked most of it...so, any chance if i really did try harder would it be likely to still pull a 90+?
btw, i go to shitty lowranked school.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
So 'm in pretty much the same situation as the o.p, except my half yearlies have come and gone - and i pretty much fucked most of it...so, any chance if i really did try harder would it be likely to still pull a 90+?
btw, i go to shitty lowranked school.
Yes, there's always a chance. Just go well in your other exams :)

Seeing as you go to a low rank school, aim for the highest rank possible!

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i ask myself this very question very day
it is a bit late ...but hey...IF you work very hard these holz ..and build up good momentum....and carry it throughout term 2 lol then only will you succeed.

Half the course should be completed by the end of these holz. that should be your aim

good luck.
ahh nice, using physics aye "momentum" lol

Yep, study hard, I'm starting my acceleration tomorrow, first day of the holidays = first day of hardcore study!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)