is it in the course???? (1 Viewer)

lusername

HSC
i was just going over my notes to see if i had missed anything and i have a whole pile of stuff on imporving the efficeiency of DC motors and force on a moving particle and force on a particle in a mag. field.

is any of this in the syllabus cos i cant find it!!!

HSC
its there, in motors to generators it isn't specifically asked as you only need to know F=bil formula (however it is implied you should know the particle formula as they both follow the same principle of a moving particle experiencing a force in a magnetic field). however in ideas to imp there is a direct dotpoint, so yes you need to know it.

lusername

HSC
i just had force on a particle notes given to me by my teacher in the M+G section.
physics is so shit with all the impleied understanding shit in ti.
thanks.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Force on a moving particle in a magnetic field is under Ideas to Implementations in the Cathode Ray Tube section, eg. F = qvBsinX. (Force = charge*velocity*magnetic field*sine of angle)

You should probably be aware of what makes a motor more or less efficient, I'm not sure if it's directly in there or not. Things like laminating the stator to reduce eddy currents, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)