is it just me or does class of 2004 seem to be really stupid compared to previous.. (1 Viewer)

overwhelming

Is it just me or does the year of 2004 HSC cohort seem to be quite off the par when it comes to performances in exams in relation to previous years etc.?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i have a belief that people are getting dumber and dumber
people depend on technology too much...getting more lazy

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by overwhelming
Is it just me or does the year of 2004 HSC cohort seem to be quite off the par when it comes to performances in exams in relation to previous years etc.?
haha BINGO!!!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yep our years dumb, oh well it just makes it easier for the smart ones to get higher UAIs.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
yeh compared to last years yr 12 i feel personally that i'm not up to their standard

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by redslert
i have a belief that people are getting dumber and dumber
people depend on technology too much...getting more lazy
technology has advanced so far since last years hsc students...
i dont think i can keep up!!!!

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by overwhelming
What makes you think that? or is it because of the increased utilisation of this forum and the asking of 'stupid' questions show this
nonetheless UAI is relative and some 20 people are going to get 100 UAI despite how 'dumb' we maybe :p

Last edited:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Wohzazz
nonetheless UAI is relatively and some 20 people are going to get 100 UAI despite how 'dumb' we maybe :p
but one could judge the smartness by looking at the cut off for 100 or whatever other uai, and by compensating for the continue shift to higher scales of this refined scaling system.

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
but one could judge the smartness by looking at the cut off for 100 or whatever other uai, and by compensating for the continue shift to higher scales of this refined scaling system.
Not entirely correct. The HSC is flawed and they may change scaling for different subjects and the cutoff for 100 will be affected by this.
....and never forget how the HSC is a game and does not necessarily test how 'smart' people are. Its a bold and assertion to say we are dumber.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i think the class of 04 is rather smart and studiuos. i look at thje people i know the grade above me that i went to school with werent really great. I think as the grade progresses, i think the cohort gets smarter. the current year 11s i find are rather smart

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
the current year 11s i find are rather smart
we're not talking bout the 05's..only the 04's

personally, i reckon we're pretty smart..not dumber than the 03's

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by babygoose!
yeh compared to last years yr 12 i feel personally that i'm not up to their standard
that's a compliment to us 03ers. i don't think we fely up to the 02ers, and the 04ers have always been more studious than us

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by underthesun
So I'm not the only one to think that class of 2003 is superior to others? *phew*
Were talking purely on the average level.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Theoretically we should all be roughly equal. I mean there are 60,000 of us.

Nevertheless, the BOS takes this into account. You should be able to check through the percentages of bands when the HSC is over.

If there is a significant decrease in band 6's then yes, your grade is dumb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)