Is it possible for internal mark to be higher than external mark? (1 Viewer)

IforgotMyPassword

HSC
Say you have a high rank but bomb out on hsc. Does the internal rankings and moderated mark act as a cushion towards the poor external performance?

HSC
kind of but not too much. If you rank really high this situation will be awful as you will drag everyone behind u down as well, but your high rank should also save u a bit as you are taking your rank's ext mark, but the other half is just fucked (HSC mark 50 int 50 ext), so doesn't look too good, bro :( the ones ranked behind u will be VERY ANGRY AND MAD AT YOU!!!

TeheeCat

HSC
It can, depending on your rank and your school's performance as a whole. If you are ranked first, then your assessment mark will be equal to the highest external exam mark achieved by anyone in your cohort. I'm not sure how it works for those ranked in middle exactly but I believe they maintain the relative gaps between the ranks.

kind of but not too much. If you rank really high this situation will be awful as you will drag everyone behind u down as well, but your high rank should also save u a bit as you are taking your rank's ext mark, but the other half is just fucked (HSC mark 50 int 50 ext), so doesn't look too good, bro :( the ones ranked behind u will be VERY ANGRY AND MAD AT YOU!!!
It's such a stupid system honestly... I don't understand why bombing out external exams should penalise everyone.

HSC
if you bombed the external, relative gaps maintain, but if u did well in external then the relative gap will most likely be reduced
eg. A. inter 1st 97 2nd 93 ext 1st 97 2nd 86 2nd's inter will be moderated as seen by the gap (lower as the external reflected his true ability), with consideration in whole-grade performance, mean and median
B. inter 1st 97 2nd 90 ext 1st 97 2nd 95 2nd internal will still have a gap of maybe 3/4 from originally 7 coz he performed well in external, with his internal should also be moderated accordingly. But he is still penalized coz he didn't do well internally as reflected in his inability to get the gap of 3/4 to 2.
This is my understanding hope it helps

IforgotMyPassword

HSC
Rip. I was concerned about my extension 1 maths exam. Luckily i'm not first. :) . Just a few percent behind him in marks.

HSC
Rip. I was concerned about my extension 1 maths exam. Luckily i'm not first. :) . Just a few percent behind him in marks.
but if you are 1st then u should be happy for your own but your others as u will still be taking the highest mark of your cohort as your internal mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)