Is it possible get a 99 Atar ??? (1 Viewer)

Amelia Smith

HSC
I've heard that it's almost impossible to acheive an atar of 99+ without at least extension 1 maths. Is this true? The subjects I am currently taking are Maths Adv, English Adv, Chemistry, Biology and Legal Studies. Is it possible to get a 99+ with these subjects?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It is possible. Think of it like this how can 1 unit of 10 determine if you get a 99 or not. Just doing well in extension 1 maths will not get you a 99 ATAR and in the same way not doing extension maths does not mean you can't get 99. You need to do well in all subjects (band 6 in all subjects most cases with roughly two band 6s that are mid to high 90s) to get 99 Atar. It's about overall performance rather than one subject as a result. The only reason it seems like to get 99+ you need to do those subjects, is because on average the student who is better academically will often choose those subjects of maths and sciences because they are generally harder than the humanities and so we see more people with 99 doing those subjects. That doesn't mean there are not people who get 99 without doing a certain subject

99 atar confirmed

HSC
It it possible but its extremely difficult, even if you are the top of your year group you will need to work hard for your marks. Also doing those subjects doesn't mean you will get good marks, if anything it will make it more challenging. Realistically, if you want a 99 you should be the top of your year group and getting 99-100% in your assessments, not impossible but very hard.

Jai2019

HSC
does anyone have a report/essay/writing/research about or relating to children and online safety. its due in two two days but i have an exam on the same day so i wanted something similiar so i can use it as a scaffold for mine.

Accurate

clix
HSC
No the subjects you are taking are enough for you to get 99 ATAR (given that you get the marks of course) you took well scaling subjects. Taking Maths Extension 1 won't boost your marks unless you do well in that, if you are capable of doing well in Ext 1 then do that if not it's better not to take it.

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
Realistically, if you want a 99 you should be the top of your year group and getting 99-100% in your assessments, not impossible but very hard.
This is not true. Even the hardest working, smartest students in the state will not be getting these kinds of marks in every assignment for every subject. To get 99 you certainly need to work extremely hard and have a great work ethic, but you don't need to be a robot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)