Is it possible to do two degrees at once? (1 Viewer)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
you cannot do 2 degrees at the same time. period. pick one.

youth allowance is around 550 a fortnight with rent assistance and shit.

Hatake88

HSC
Why not just do a combined dual Bachelor of Business & Commerce/Arts degree at UWS? Though I'm not sure if they offer Geography as a major but maybe with Science they do.
I agree but it may be too late as check & change for final rounds are now closed.

If I were TS, I'd do UWS Commerce then transfer to Commerce/Arts at Usyd. People already at Usyd has absolutely no advantage when transferring from the faculty of arts to the faculty of business since it is done through UAC. Just make sure your units are transferable and you're golden.

Samraz

HSC
I agree but it may be too late as check & change for final rounds are now closed.

If I were TS, I'd do UWS Commerce then transfer to Commerce/Arts at Usyd. People already at Usyd has absolutely no advantage when transferring from the faculty of arts to the faculty of business since it is done through UAC. Just make sure your units are transferable and you're golden.
For commerce/arts one needs an ATAR of 95 whereas mine is 67.9. So what should I do?

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
For commerce/arts one needs an ATAR of 95 whereas mine is 67.9. So what should I do?
You should read that post more carefully. He said transfer to Usyd after taking UWS comerce.

Hatake88

HSC
Do very well then apply to transfer. Regardless of WAM, I cannot see usyd saying "no" to you if you hold a HD or even a distinction average in the 80s. I think usyd takes in 50% WAM 50% ATAR if your ATAR is superior to your WAM, otherwise they base their decision more on your WAM.

Which is why you need to go to UWS.

UWS marks easier than Usyd does.Therefore, its easier to get a higher grade at UWS than Usyd. Again, since Usyd doesn't care about the university you are transferring from, you should capatalize on that advantage.

I'd give you an example: I had a very close friend friend who got around the same grades as me back in high school. He went to Macquarie (a "lesser" university) to do arts last year while I went and did resource economics at usyd. We did similar subjects (economics) so we will share notes. First off the bat, I already noticed their content was much easier. Then, I realized the grades he were getting were significantly higher than mine even though he didn't come off as much more knowledgeable during study sessions (for an essay, I would get 72 while he would get 88..we studied using the same notes). And you know what? He ended up with 4 HDs and 4 Ds and just transferred to arts/law at usyd. Meanwhile, I got 2Ds, 5Cs and 1P and only got into commerce here.

This is why this year I am going to Macquarie to do law...so that I can come back next year even stronger (because secretly I am a "prestige" kind of guy too :)).

NWO

HSC
tbh, you should do the course that offers you the best job opportunities. Either way, if you study at a better uni such as Usyd and do a bad course, the result will be the same. However, if you study at a good course, let's say, commerce at USW, it probably is better for you. And you can even transfer. Good luck!

NWO

HSC
And, yes, you can do double degrees at once... Like " bachelor of commerce and mathematics" in one course.

NWO

HSC
wow lol. When they realize that you have fooled and lied to them, only then would you have realized the consequences. Sometimes, parents are way experienced than you are and know the best for you....

williamdaft

HSC
Do what you want to do man! Reading all of that, your parents are so mean :(

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Going on your own is pretty tough on youth allowance. I agree that you should do whatever you want to at uni, but it seems like you kind of need your parents at this stage, at least for a cheap place to stay until you can get on your feet and support yourself. IMO do business at UWS (potentially part-time so you have time to get a part-time job or just so you can bear studying it), defer your offer for USYD, and spend 6-12 months saving up some money and working out how feasible it is to go to USYD, and if it is really worth it.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly if you're doing that course because its offer at USyd, don't do it. It's not worth it. I know some who's doing that cheap degree in which they are so cocky and arrogant in ways they go to a GO8/Sandstone uni. Pretty shocked at how low this course offering is at a uni like USyd (70 ATAR). After much speculation, they are now ending up at nowhere and/or have transferred to unis like UWS doing a Health Sciences course this year.

If theres still a chance of admission for UAC now, put Bachelor of Business and Commerce/Bachelor of Arts at UWS as your first which you'll probably get as UWS still have plenty of spots left after rounds without cutoff changes. Then transfer into USyd or even UNSW with those terrific grades (this is a must for transferring) at UWS.

NOTE: I have looked at people who have completed or is currently in their final year doing this course at USyd and really, nothing significant has happened like getting a job related in this area or getting an unrelated respected job. Look this up for yourself on Linkedin profiles.

Last edited:

peri24

HSC
do da b lib arts nd sciences at usyd. imma do it tooo nd u cud lik join meeh.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
And, yes, you can do double degrees at once... Like " bachelor of commerce and mathematics" in one course.
no thats a double degree. not doing degree x in uni a and degree y in uni b. you are not able to study at two different institutions at the same time.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Honestly if you're doing that course because its offer at USyd, don't do it. It's not worth it. I know some who's doing that cheap degree in which they are so cocky and arrogant in ways they go to a GO8/Sandstone uni. Pretty shocked at how low this course offering is at a uni like USyd (70 ATAR). After much speculation, they are now ending up at nowhere and/or have transferred to unis like UWS doing a Health Sciences course this year.
Wow, I was actually considering that degree out of mere interest. I honestly couldn't give a shit about the ATAR cut-off. I would have done that if I had not done law.

You sir are the arrogant one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)