Is it Possible To Get Paper Back? (1 Viewer)

blazezs

Just wondering right,

Is it actually possible to request your original HSC exam paper back from the BoardofStudies?

Or it isn't possible at all?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It is not possible at all.

Besides illegal methods such as holding the administrator of the Board Of Studies hostage with a shotgun demanding the paper.

blazezs

muhahahahah,

Can I sue them under the Freedom of Information Act for denying my rights to obtain access to my own materials? ;)

I really want it back, I just want to know what I wrote during the exam for future reference :)

^___^
HSC
hsc burn ur paper afterwards..

they keep the uber good ones for standard packages and burn the rest...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
They will not burn/recycle it :p

After the HSC, you can apply for a re-mark if your not satisfied.

blazezs

Originally posted by ...
hsc burn ur paper afterwards..

they keep the uber good ones for standard packages and burn the rest...
No that is not right! Under the Privacy Act it clearly highlights that the Organisation (including Edcuation Institute) must keep copy of individual files for up to 7 years before it can be thrown away!!

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by blazezs
No that is not right! Under the Privacy Act it clearly highlights that the Organisation (including Edcuation Institute) must keep copy of individual files for up to 7 years before it can be thrown away!!

whats the pt of having that privacy act when we dun even get to touch our paper!!!!!

sorry for pissed off language..still fucked over my english

blazezs

Originally posted by ...
whats the pt of having that privacy act when we dun even get to touch our paper!!!!!

sorry for pissed off language..still fucked over my english
Does anyone here know anyone from last years HSC that requested their original HSC paper back?

After reading through the Privacy Act, it clearly says it!! So I'm pretty sure we can request them back!!

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
Looking at the Privacy Act, it does seem like that we can request it.

but if you remember the controversy about the guy who wrote the story about the asylum seeker wanting to kill john howard, the BOS went on a song-and-dance about how they own the papers and they weren't gonna give the paper to him.

plus those blue forms we signed i think have something about allowing them ownership.

blazezs

Originally posted by Ragerunner
They will not burn/recycle it :p

After the HSC, you can apply for a re-mark if your not satisfied.
Can you? I thought you can only ahh have them rechecked!

Originally posted by mic
Looking at the Privacy Act, it does seem like that we can request it.

but if you remember the controversy about the guy who wrote the story about the asylum seeker wanting to kill john howard, the BOS went on a song-and-dance about how they own the papers and they weren't gonna give the paper to him.

plus those blue forms we signed i think have something about allowing them ownership.
It can't be, look those blue forms we sign was to say we were present and performing the HSC..It didn't say I <Insert Name> give permission for the Board Of Studies the full ownership of my exam paper!!

It is illegal without it being clearly printed in the blue form!! There was an offer by the BOS, I gave consent to it but had no idea about it...THEY WERE INVOLVED IN Deceiving the students thereby the contract we signed does not have legal standing ;)

hatty

Banned
i havent read n e of the above crap...

from what i gather, in accordance to what my teachers said

all papers are destroyed.

blazezs

Originally posted by hatty
i havent read n e of the above crap...

from what i gather, in accordance to what my teachers said

all papers are destroyed.
Your teacher could have been wrong!!

blazezs

I know,

I was just wondering if we can actually get our original paper the one which contains our work :D

I'll visit one of their Head Office around my arae once the school holidays are over and see what they have to say!!

I may even file a complaint muhahahah to the courts against Board Of Studies ;)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You cannot complain, it becomes the property of board of studies.

Sure you can try, i don't mind. annoy them as much as you like, they are a bunch of idiots :)

chance of success approximately = 0.001% of getting your paper back (excluding illegal methods as mentioned :p)

blazezs

Originally posted by Ragerunner
You cannot complain, it becomes the property of board of studies.

Sure you can try, i don't mind. annoy them as much as you like, they are a bunch of idiots :)

chance of success approximately = 0.001% of getting your paper back (excluding illegal methods as mentioned :p)
LOL, no illegal methods ;)

Originally posted by natstar
Why do u want ur paper back anyway?? out of curiousity
Well simply because I want to know what I wrote in the exam! :)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
when you signed the form before/after every exam, you basically told BOS that they owned your paper, so no you can't get it back

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm, i know they keep the tapes (from language speaking exams) for a few years.. like 5 or something
it's just hard to dig out the tape/paper that belongs to you, but i don't see how it can be impossible if you really really really wanted it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)