Is it possible to obtain a Chemistry of Physics HSC mark of 100??? (1 Viewer)

anderu

HSC
Is it possible to obtain a Chemistry of Physics HSC mark of 100???

my English mark is sooooo bad!! so Im thinking of making it up in other subjects

and Ive checked the UAI calculator

Eng Adv: 70
Maths 2U: 95
Maths Ext 1: 80
Chemistry: 100
Physics: 100
Japanese Beginners: 80

thats the mark I'm aiming for in the HSC and SAM gave me a 94.30 which is not too bad I'm aiming for a +95 though

so is it possible to get a HSC mark of 100 for chem or phy?? my teacher goes its all about the scaling but Im not so sure what he meant

someone enlighten me plzz

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i really doubt it....the highest ive ever recalled is like 97-98...its almost impossible to get 100 for chem and phys.
im sure you can get a mid band 4 for eng...thatll get you your 95 i think.

anderu

HSC
thats so unfair!!!

you can easily get 100 for ext2 Eng or ext2 Maths!!!

mid band 4 English is impossible for me!!! Im sitting at 60% right now ranked 80~90th out of 120 and my school is soooo bad at English didnt even make top 200 for english last year

do most people get band 3 or band 4 in English every year???

HSC
if you get band 3 or lower in english it puts you in the bottom 20% (or there abouts) of the state.

i'm assuming you're a comfortable band 6 student in physics and chem...instead of going for 100 in those couldnt you try improving your english to band 4, and your 3u maths + japanese to mid-high band 5 ?

you've got plenty of time, good luck.

Last edited:

hiddenagenda

HSC
Its obviously possible to get full marks in your HSC physics exam- just don't drop a mark. However for Your school assessment mark to be 100, not only do you have to top Physics at your school, but your school has to do reasonably well. The higher your school's average hsc mark is, the better your (and everyone else at your school) school mark will get scaled. E.g. my raw phys mark (on my report) is 96, but this will get scaled to 97 for my HSC aligned mark. 100 is possible, but you need to make sure your school average is high in the HSC phys exam- share notes help each other etc. Hope this helps, pm me if you need further clarification =]

HSC
for your hsc mark to be 100, come first in your school and then get 100 in the exam. they will moderate your school mark to 100 if you do that.

but yeah concentrating on improving those subjects that are going to eventually bring you down is going to be better for you in the long run...

mariyamo

VIP
HSC
anderu said:
Is it possible to obtain a Chemistry of Physics HSC mark of 100???

someone enlighten me plzz

If u ace the state......maybe, who noes, but do u really know everything there is to know about Chemistry and Physics?

anderu

HSC
Oh man from what you guys are saying it looks like its gonna be impossible!!!

first of all my school sucks!!! and Im not coming 1st for either of them!! someone already beat me to it and its too late to catch up, damn why didnt I start just a bit early...

BUT Im still confident that I can get every question right if I really study all out for it cause for my chem trial I couldnt revise everything and the stuff I revised I aced it but the stuff I missed out I just couldnt do it

so if I get EVERY question right in the HSC exam the mark will get scaled down right??

oh and its not that I dont want to improve my English its just its soooo damn hard!!!!

anderu

HSC
Oh man from what you guys are saying it looks like its gonna be impossible!!!

first of all my school sucks!!! and Im not coming 1st for either of them!! someone already beat me to it and its too late to catch up, damn why didnt I start just a bit early...

BUT Im still confident that I can get every question right if I really study all out for it cause for my chem trial I couldnt revise everything and the stuff I revised I aced it but the stuff I missed out I just couldnt do it

so if I get EVERY question right in the HSC exam the mark will get scaled down right??

oh and its not that I dont want to improve my English its just its soooo damn hard!!!!

beentherdunthat

HSC
:wave: lol, omg... 100 in chem/phys... that's insane (but possible) ... :) I know a chick that got 99 for both 4unit maths and 3unit maths... I guess if you really put your head to it, you'll ace the sciences. Good luck.

And yes, Ranking does affect your mark. I got 98 for 2unit, and was ranked 16th (WTH) so it pulled me down to 97. Bloody *****

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
theres nothing much you can do if you didnt get first place. But then 50/50 of the HSC subject mark comes from yourself, so just do the best you can and let everything else fall into place. You dont really get scaled down if you ace everything..but lets just hope that whatever rank you are for phys and chem that your cohort would do exceptionally well in order to get a good moderated assessment mark.

Have you considered getting a tutor for english? Its not too late to get a tutor now even though theres like 2 months till the hsc exams. Better late than never though.

webby234

HSC
N/A
In the past few years no one has got 100 in either Physics or Chemistry. However, if you are top of the state, your scaled mark will be 100 anyway. Last year, for example, 98 was enough to get a scaled mark of 100 in both subjects. Remember that doesn't mean 98%, it just means an aligned mark of 98. It is unknown what percentage you'd have to get for that in the exam.

So basically to get a scaled mark of 100 you need to top the state.

Focus on your other subjects more, especially english.

anderu

HSC
so basically get every question right in the exam???? and come top of the state?

guess thats my only option now....

@jemsta: lol I have 2 english tutors...

guess Ill gotta start now thanx for the info guys Ill do my best =P

Season

HSC
^^ just want to say it is possible, a friend of mine did it... she was pretty pleased with herself...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)