• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is it possible to remember two essays in 1/2 to a full day for English. (1 Viewer)

chardy2651

HSC
Majority of the essays,and best way to do and how do you remember essays and if youve got like no time.

thanks, any comments past experiences

madharris

HSC
N/A
What I do if I want to memorise is memorise 1-3 sentences at a time
E.g. Memorise sentences 1-3
Write sentences 1-3 down
Memorise sentences 4-6
Say out loud 1-6
Write sentences 1-6 down
Memorise sentences 7-9
Say out loud 1-9
Write down 1-9

But I do it in paragraphs, if that makes sense
So once I have memorised all paragraphs individually, I'll write down the essay as best as I can without looking (have a peak if you're stuck)
Reread it and look at your mistakes
Write it down one more time and this should be perfect :)
It's always worked for me, and I end up memorising 1000-1200 words in 3-5 hours

Quatro

HSC
N/A
Entirely possible, using mad harris' trick it usually takes me about an hour for 1200 words, but i guess its entirely up to the individual and their capabilities

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Entirely possible, using mad harris' trick it usually takes me about an hour for 1200 words, but i guess its entirely up to the individual and their capabilities
Thats pretty good, but I doubt you will have full retention.

superSAIyan2

HSC
Yes it is. For my english trials i only studied two days. The day before Paper 1 i made up and memorised a pretty good creative word for word and the main points of a decent essay - got 12/15 for both. Similarly, For paper 2 I memorised a essay for Module A and C, and winged Module B - ironically my marks were 18 (A), 13 (C) and 17 (B)

However u should spend most of ur day on this ; it took me like 4-6hours to memorise it entirely.

Verify

HSC
I do what madharris does :)
I find that cramming like this gives me better marks than how the teachers recommend you to do it.

NWO

HSC
If u memorise gg hsc. Because when u memorise u write what u remember in the exam and not answer the question.

HSC
I memorised all 3 of my modules essays in half a day before my English Paper 2 trial and I did fine (lowest mark was 19/20).

It was extremely stressful though, I would recommend dedicating only 1/2 essays per day leading up to HSC

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I memorised all 3 of my modules essays in half a day before my English Paper 2 trial and I did fine (lowest mark was 19/20).

It was extremely stressful though, I would recommend dedicating only 1/2 essays per day leading up to HSC
Jesus. Higher than my highest...

xD

watapple

HSC
remember technique for the quote and put some explanation

when you come to the exam "bullshit" put techniques, quote and explanation together in a sentence in the day

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I know I wouldn't be able to. It takes me like a week to completely memorise 1 English essay. It doesn't mean you can't though. However, I would suggest memorising the key points of the essays if you can't remember the whole thing in time.
what? one week?

just write it out bro like 5 times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)