IS It possible to transfer? (1 Viewer)

AzlanlovesSNSD

HSC
Hi im just wondering if i can transfer to med/dentistry at any uni from bachelor of eng/comm at unsw next year or whenever in the future?
Im just wondering because its not really a degree related to health, so will that affect my chances?

also when they do selections again, do they look at GPA and my new UMAT or my that and my ATAR aswell?

the reason if anyone asks why i didnt do med science, is because im not confident enough and if i dont end up getting a spot in med/dent i dont want to be stuck with a b.medsci.

Please reply soon!

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Erm. I'll try to answer this with all the knowledge I have, though I may be wrong.

But basically, yes you can. You can do medicine after any degree- though some may prepare you better for your postgrad med exam GAMSAT (which covers areas in physics/bio/chem) than others, hence why people often choose medsci. But with a bit of tutoring/study, yep, possible after any degree.

If you're looking to transfer after 1 year though... I think it depends on the institution, but most will take your GPA over your ATAR if you've studied full time for both semesters and you're looking to transfer. So I'd assume they'd take GPA + new UMAT. In this case, even though it would be possible theoretically to transfer after 1 year of engineering... engineering is super hard, and it might be risky to do this degree if you're absolutely set on transferring to med. Maybe you'd be better off doing just commerce? Because you'd want to keep your marks above distinctions. Idk, that's just my understanding. I may be wrong!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)