Is it risky doing 10 units 4 yr 12? (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ same with me at the moment ( cant drop ext maths) i am so sure i will drop it later in term 4, so i figure i should just drop it now ( i mean if i know i am going to drop it, but i cant!)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i'm dropping chem (11units in total)
everyone says ipt scales down.. doesn't bother me..

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I originally had 12, which became 9, then 11, finally it fell back to 10 :D

If you're confident in 10u (and by this I mean, you're prepared to work your arse off and get a high band or band 6), then 10u works just fine. Also, MW's need to be taken into consideration.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
temporarily. I was in a mess with 3 extension subjects...

Kulazzi

HSC
3 extension subjects???? omg!!!!! *freaking out* so were they hist. ext., eng. ext. and maths ext.???

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
eng ext 1, eng ext 2, hist ext and maths ext 1....3 were causing problems so it was sorta a transitional phase LOL

The key thing is not to feel pressured to take subjects you can't handle, just to fill 12u...

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
meh I was going to keep legal with 13u, but having just dropped ext 1 maths and taken up ext2 eng and ext history, i think ill drop!

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
melsc said:
My skool practically makes us...we must get permission to do 12u! The reason i dropped maths is coz it was my worst by far subject anyway
Your school cant make you do anything, its your HSC, and your choice. The only people that can make you do things is the Board of Studies.

All the subjects you do get linked back to your Board of Studies Student ID, even if you do 6 subjects at 6 different institutions.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
i know that, i am not saying ppl @ my skool dont 2 12u, but they make them get permission and stuff, but i wanted to drop maths anyway coz i was practically failing so y doi it

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
at our school, you can only take 13 units into year twelve if you have done 13 in year eleven. So, for me, i did 12 units in year eleven, and wanted to pick up french ex. so i had to drop a subbject in order to do ex french, as i wasnt allowed to do 13 as i did only 12 in year eleven...you follow?

By the way, does anyone know a site that i can check out all the scaling and shit?

Much apreciated.

7minute

HSC
unit numbers

It really depends on what kind of person you are.

The time you spend on your backup units might be better spent on the 10 other units that you really want.

Some people work better under pressure (ie with more units)

Personally, I'm not that type.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
I only need to do 6 units to get a UAI, or a Limited UAI for that matter (means I have to do all 6 units in the same year and they cant be accumilated over multiple years).

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
how does that work out though? people doing 6-7units in yr11.. i don't get it =S i've heard of pathways but i'm a little confused about how that works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)