Is it risky to make up things? (1 Viewer)

kitty_n08

HSC
N/A
my art theory lessons were never productive, the only theory we got was a massive booklet which were the hsc online website pages....

for the case studies... do u think it is possible/safe to "make up" a artist and just waffle on from there?

Any clues about whether the markers check them? or do they just want to see how u apply knowledge and stuff to essays? or do they just want to get through them as fast as possible?

hope i didnt confuse neone ^^ ta~

HSC
In year 11 1/2 yearlies I made up an artist, but he was based on a real artist, my uncle, lol, who works out of his back shed. Hahaha. Yeah it worked, teachers bought it, they can't know ever single artist ever can they?

Also my friend didnt make up an artist, but used justin from queer as folk in her trial essay and got a good mark, for our year, but teachers told her to use 'more substantial artists than that'

miffytoki

HSC
if u make up your artists...you better write hella good about them...

u only really need to know 3 artists really well thought (depending on the essay question you attempt)

winicat

HSC
i think only if you can do it well in secion 2. section 1 you can make up stuff cause all you have to say is "perhaps this.." and "could mean that..." heh heh stupid art exams

kitty_n08

HSC
N/A
For casestudy artists (3) .. what i have "reasearched" so far is...

~brief background of the artist
~3 named artworks
~intentions
~medium they used

should i add anything else in?

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
kitty_n08 said:
For casestudy artists (3) .. what i have "reasearched" so far is...

~brief background of the artist
~3 named artworks
~intentions
~medium they used

should i add anything else in?
is anyone familiar with historians and critics\
every question could be on them

miffytoki

HSC
i kinda doubt they'ld put every question on historians and critics....if they ask about it in section 1 though...u'll have quotes to refer to (they'll give them to you)

kitty_n08

HSC
N/A
PookieMonster said:
do u mean ... like we need to know certain historians and crictics or just wat they do?

Caboodles

I am definately steering clear of the historical and critical practice questions in section two. In section one they normally just provide some quotes from an art historican and an art critic and ask you to distinguish the specific aspects which make them different.
Guess critics quotes within your section two response could definately gain you some important marks, like in the conceptual framework essays

winicat

HSC
PookieMonster said:
section 2 is divided into the three sections (practice, conceptual framework, frames) they'd come under practice and you can just avoid that question.

like whoever said about section one -- they'll give you references or (like last year) you have to pretend to be one (or something like that ... actually i think that was curator .. hmm... ??)

GrumbleCakes

answer to topics question... NO... cause im just gonna make a whole heap of shit up :) Good luck everyone

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
kitty_n08 said:
my art theory lessons were never productive, the only theory we got was a massive booklet which were the hsc online website pages....

for the case studies... do u think it is possible/safe to "make up" a artist and just waffle on from there?

Any clues about whether the markers check them? or do they just want to see how u apply knowledge and stuff to essays? or do they just want to get through them as fast as possible?

hope i didnt confuse neone ^^ ta~

just remember the people marking the tests are art teachers who have vast knowledge on alot of artists..
of course you will get the marks if you interpret concepts of art making, practse and the frames etc.. but if they havent heard of the artist you might not gain marks as appose to a real artist lol
if you can make it up good and your good with words and u really dont know any other artists then yeah lol
make sure you use appropriate art terms and words from the syllabus to gain u those extra marks as apposed to not knowing a real artist
goodluckkk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)