Is it still embarassing to do B. commerce and business (adv leadership) / B. Law UWS? (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
It is obvious that UWS is a low grade university

however

Is it still embarassing to do B. commerce and business (adv leadership) / B. Law UWS?

enoilgam

HSC
Re: Is it still embarassing to do B. commerce and business (adv leadership) / B. Law

however

Is it still embarassing to do B. commerce and business (adv leadership) / B. Law UWS?
That is how it is percieved, whether it actually is is debatable.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Is it still embarassing to do B. commerce and business (adv leadership) / B. Law

I've been to three tertiary institutions in my life time and I can tell you teaching is the same no matter what university you end up going to... its s**t

honestly it doesn't really matter what university you end up going to...

Cl324

HSC
N/A

I wouldn't call it low grade it's just very new (23 yrs) and not established yet. With that being said it is perceived as a 'supertafe' and I'd rather go to a different uni just because perception is often more valuable than the truth.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

But isn't commerce law prestigious? even at UWS?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

But isn't commerce law prestigious? even at UWS?
Not as much so. The cutoff for comm law is 90 at uws, a bit more for the adv leadership course. It is really easy to get the 10 bonus marks at UWS so there are people who have just scraped the 80s being eligible for the course and that's assuming the cutoff isn't inflated at all (which it probably is).

Anyway on topic, it's only embarassing if you are embarassed. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who would be impressed as soon as you mention Law, but on the other hand plenty of people who will snicker as soon as you mention UWS. Contrary to what you might think from this forum and perhaps your peers, not everyone in the real world cares about your ATAR or how prestigious the university you go to is. But keep in mind Law is competitive and one of the few fields where prestige is a big thing so you will be at a disadvantage if you have high aspirations for early on in your career. That's atleast the impression i have got from what i have read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)