Is it too late for me to change schools ? (1 Viewer)

Lorenzo_Casaol

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, im in year 10 I really want to change schools and move to Sefton High School.. is it too late for me to enroll at this time ? if yes is there any way i could get in before i start year 11. please help :uhoh:

madharris

HSC
N/A
You should probably ask them yourself (or at least get your parents to enquire), as I don't think that anyone here would know the exact answer

Lalaloop

HSC
Hello.
There are three ways wherein you can apply to Sefton High School. The first way is through local enrolment (which you are automatically in), non-local enrolment and selective enrolment (which ended last July).

As the catchment area is subject to change, you would need to inquire with the school itself. If you are resident within their designated intake area, they would accept your initial application, conditional on your curriculum pattern matching what they are teaching in 2014.

You can hand deliver, post or fax your application, but if you live out of their designated intake area you would need to provide the following documents.

1. photocopies of your last 2 school reports
2. photocopies of NAPLAN results if you are in an Australian school
3. photocopies of any awards, merit certificates etc that you feel are relevant.
4. hand written statement of why you want to become a student at Sefton High School.
5. Application form available at the school office for pick-up (It is not to be released online in the near future)

Students who live outside of our area would be considered in a meeting in February 2014. These applications are considered on the following criteria.
1. spaces within the Year group required
2. merit selection
3. curriculum pattern

There are currently no spaces for Year 11, 2014. There are rarely spaces available in Year 11 as our Year 10 cohort choose to pursue a career requiring University study and so continue on to Years 11 and 12.

If you choose to continue your application, you will be notified of the outcome after the aforementioned February meeting via mail. Good luck with your application.

Truly yours,
Daughter of the Enrolment Co-ordinator at Sefton High School

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)