• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is it too late to ask for special consideration? (1 Viewer)

hello

everyone!!!!:)
HSC
N/A
hi is it too late to ask for special consideration. i wrote an emai lto the institution today, but do u think i should ring them too tomrrow before the offers r released? do u think ringind will make any difference? coz the email i sent them they probably wont get till later in the week. whats you's all think?

David27

Na!! The offers would have been posted on friday to arrive Monday.
Late round is best bet. Then again all the UAI's for those will be in the 90's.
You could offer to sleep with the whole faculty if you really want special consideration?

hello

HSC
N/A
so u think i shouldnt ring, i never knew i could ave special consideration from sport. so if i ring tomorrow they still definatley wont offer me anything in the later round?

hello

HSC
N/A
anyone ellse know?like if i ring is there a chance for the late round?

David27

You could ring them, but it will be in relation to the late round offers-if there are any vacancies left. You need to be more clear on what the problem is? Course, institution etc.

hello

HSC
N/A
institution is csu, i only just found out that they accept ppl for special consideration because of sport. if i tell em some sporting achievements could is there any chance for late round of gettin accepted. i already sent an email today, but u think i should ring them to?

hello

HSC
N/A
what do u mean policies? i read in the uac guide that they offer special considerations to elite athletes, so u think i should ring them tomorrow and enquire about the late round or u think i should just leave it with the email? i only worry that they wont get the email. i mean i know its a slim chance they will accept me but i spose its worth a shot. so u think ring em or not?

hello

HSC
N/A
so ring them monday and enquire about the late round for acceptance? what if the course i wanna do which i only missed out by 1 point has no vaccancies should i just not worry bout phoning?

David27

Ring them directly.
You can imagine the hundreds of daily emails they get.
Also, to alleviate your own anxiety, make the direct call and you won't be left wondering.
I imagine CSU would be more flexible than the old relics like USyd, and to lesser relic extent, UNSW.
They may help you with these main round offers. Institutions do over enrol on occassions.

hello

HSC
N/A
thanx for ur info, ill ring them and enquire about it first thing tomorrow. u think they will be open on a sunday?
and i just found this site about csu and late applications.
http://www.csu.edu.au/study/index_apply_ug.htm
what do u guys think so i have any chance if i put up a elite athlete consideration?

hello

HSC
N/A
in the email i just mentioned i represented state in both yr 11 and 12 and got anaward for it also. u think i should ringot tommorrow(sunday) or leave it to monday

hello

HSC
N/A
ill try and call em and if there not open ill ring monday:)

hello

HSC
N/A
did u read the website i posted a few posts ago? wat u think of it

hello

HSC
N/A
lol well i can say it did:) u think if i ring up eva if there arnet any vacancies left i might still have a slim chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)