• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is it too late to change my favourite course into No1 preference course? (1 Viewer)

owenzou

HSC
i got 97.7 for my atar,i used Bcommerce/B science(advanced Maths)at UNSW as my first preference and i have already got the this offer, but now i wanna take B acturial study/B Finance at ANU as my no1 preference and hope that i can get offer the offer ASAP, is it too late to change coz the first offer run has already passes?

red-butterfly

HSC
no it's not too late to get your 1st preference. Main round is in January ? I think So you have plenty of time to change your preferences if you really don't want to go to UNSW

owenzou

HSC
no it's not too late to get your 1st preference. Main round is in January ? I think So you have plenty of time to change your preferences if you really don't want to go to UNSW

yeah, i really dont want to go to UNSW,ijust wonder that if i have already used my 1st preference for UNSW and i have already got the offer for this first preference, could i change ANU into 1st preference?coz i just wanna get this ANU offer ASAP

red-butterfly

HSC
yeah, i really dont want to go to UNSW,ijust wonder that if i have already used my 1st preference for UNSW and i have already got the offer for this first preference, could i change ANU into 1st preference?coz i just wanna get this ANU offer ASAP
If you already got the offer, you can reject it and get into ANU no problem :) Just put ANU 1st and you'll get main round easy.
My friend did a similar thing. He originally wanted to get into Comm/Law at UNSW accepted the offer but then wanted to study Actuarial studies/Law at MQ he changed it and got into MQ no problem

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why don't you want to go to UNSW?

I'm considering going to UNSW - and if I get any dirt on it, it'll make my decision of university much easier...

owenzou

HSC
If you already got the offer, you can reject it and get into ANU no problem :) Just put ANU 1st and you'll get main round easy.
My friend did a similar thing. He originally wanted to get into Comm/Law at UNSW accepted the offer but then wanted to study Actuarial studies/Law at MQ he changed it and got into MQ no problem
can i keep my UNSW offer and put the ANU at my 1st preference? is it going to work?

speedofsound

HSC
just out of curiousity, how did you already get an offer? i have no idea how this early offer stuff works...

red-butterfly

HSC
If the uni has contacted you via email or call you and what not they'll let you know if you have had an early offer.
They'll give you a set of instructions so you get a placement there. But if it's not then you are actually rejecting their early round offer.
Main Round is January 19 I think so just have your set preferences to the uni you MOST want to get into and you'll be fine

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Just make sure you set your preferences up for the Main Round by Jan 6.

speedofsound

HSC
If the uni has contacted you via email or call you and what not they'll let you know if you have had an early offer.
They'll give you a set of instructions so you get a placement there. But if it's not then you are actually rejecting their early round offer.
Main Round is January 19 I think so just have your set preferences to the uni you MOST want to get into and you'll be fine
no, i mean like why do people get early offers in rounds other than the main round.. i thought it was just if you were non-year 12 or disadvantaged or something...

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
You can accept your offer then change your first preference, you don't need to reject it. Accept and don't enroll and just keep it as a backup.

owenzou

HSC
You can accept your offer then change your first preference, you don't need to reject it. Accept and don't enroll and just keep it as a backup.
thx bro!!this is the answer i really want if its right!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i mean like why do people get early offers in rounds other than the main round.. i thought it was just if you were non-year 12 or disadvantaged or something...
I know with my course, they decide on some people that they definitely want in the course. So they give them offers before the main round as an incentive. Then the rest are chosen for main/second/final.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Well it should be right, unless the course has an early cut-off date for enrollment. I'm doing the same thing with early entry at UNE and they actually say you can do it. So I'm assuming it is the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)