Is it too late to pick up a double degree? (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
I'm currently studying comp sci, but I'm curious if I can pick up commerce as a double degree with it. I got an atar of 91.35, but also have 4 extra points from HSCPlus and accepted EAS points, so I'll easily pass the ATAR requirement. Is it too late though?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes. Lol
You don't get EAS points from now on either. Lol

Demise

HSC
I've heard their cutoffs are exaggerated, hence why some friends got in engineering with 80s.

D94

HSC
N/A
Too late, you will have to wait for transfers period or apply via UAC.

At UNSW, for internal transfers, ATAR isn't considered; only your WAM in terms of the marks/grades requirement. So even if you got 99.95, they wouldn't accept you if you didn't meet the WAM requirement. The other way would be to apply via UAC again if you don't have the WAM requirements.

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard their cutoffs are exaggerated, hence why some friends got in engineering with 80s.
Not quite. The cutoffs aren't "exaggerated" - they're defined based on supply and demand and pretty much remain close to previous years (i.e. 91ish).

"HSC Plus" points (up to 5) are automatically calculated and added to a student's ATAR - if this pushes them above the cutoff for that year then they are offered a place.

Alternatively, UNSW Engineering offers a different scheme called the Faculty of Engineering Admissions Scheme (FEAS) which may allow for some people who achieve up to 10 points below the cut-off to still be accepted into engineering. This requires one to manually apply to be considered under the scheme and requires (well, recommends) one to attend an interview in order to help their chances, especially at the lower end of the marks. This is why students may be accepted into engineering while having ATARs in the 80s, but they are only able to due to essentially an "exception" to the cutoff. All other students are considered based on cutoff and ATAR only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)