Is it too late to pick up Legal Studies? (1 Viewer)

Kwame Odoom

HSC
I want to drop IPT for Legal but i'm not sure if i'll be able to catch up on all the work i've missed out on :L It seems so much more interesting than IPT.

enoilgam

HSC
I want to drop IPT for Legal but i'm not sure if i'll be able to catch up on all the work i've missed out on :L It seems so much more interesting than IPT.
I think it is probably too late in the year for you to change subjects - as you must fulfill the preliminary requirements of the course in order to be eligible to complete that course for the HSC.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Unless you can go through the content you missed out fast and you will be fine

gleeek

HSC
Unless you can go through the content you missed out fast and you will be fine.
This. My friend changed 1 week and a bit ago, and she caught up on all the work and is now on the same pace as us. If you believe in yourself, and are determined, they can't stop you.

Cassiixo

HSC
I picked up legal in the middle of a busy assessment period and caught up within the weekend

-kc

HSC
Seems to be a bit late in the year to change...

Bobeen

HSC
Legal studies is a really good subject to major.
but yeah, i think you could be late to catch up now.
i was thinking that pick up IPT, but it is scale down.
anw, good luck

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
This. My friend changed 1 week and a bit ago, and she caught up on all the work and is now on the same pace as us. If you believe in yourself, and are determined, they can't stop you.
True, but if your marks aren't that great - then they probably will say no.

This is because you do need the Prelim content to do the HSC, it's background material they'll assume you know.

Why do marks matter? Because if you're not seen as very academically capable - then the school might just say, "You're not doing well at all, and you still want to put yourself into a position where you need to catch up on three terms' worth of work in addition to whatever you have now?"

aekryan

HSC
No not too late (Beauty of humanitaries, excluding eco). Our dux dropped economics and picked up legal in yr 12 and well, he got dux? He was first in legal too.

I do it and all you need to know is the structure of a legal essay and what the integral elements are in all. The rest of the content i.e. crime, family, consumer is all taught in the year 12 syllabus and you really don't need some of the stuff were doing now like OMCG's and Womens rights. However you should definently go over the basics such which you could probably learn in a weekend or 2 and will come across again anyway. I see it as rewarding, a breath of fresh air from sciences, math, eng with quite good scaling, however it requires a lot of external reserch and application for a band 6.

aekryan

HSC
Btw the only worthwhile subject changes of this nature IMO are Mod, Ancient, SOR and Legal. The rest you really do need the prelim course.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It is at the discretion of the Principal at this time of the year. A few years ago we had a student change from Ancient to Business Studies during the end of Term 3 holidays and he ended up with a Band 6 in Business.

Arex123

HSC
What makes you want to drop IPT? Because you find it boring? What's the appeal in legal?
If you are only picking it up because it's the lesser of two evils, you'll find yourself in the exact same position in about 2 months time.

BUT

If you're picking it up because you're genuinely interested in Law... go ahead. It should be that hard to catch up if you are really determined :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)