is it true that private school students tend to get a higher UAI than public schools? (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Is it true?
It is true.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
What do you guyz think? And if so, why?
Well, theyre paying a fuckload more, they deserve it.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Is it because they are surrounded by other nerds who influence them? Or do they have more experienced teachers?
no, its because theyre rich and use condoms when they have sex. stupid bogan. maybe its the reverse. private school students are normal. maybe it is you who has inexperienced teachers and becuase you are surrounded by equally stupid gits like yourself. thats what i think, as you asked.

HSC
If you're afraid..
Then figure out what is required in the syllabus and learn to learn independently. I started this last year because i figured i needed to as i go to a shit public school..

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Re: is it true that private school students tend to get a higher UAI than public scho

I heard that all students in private school will definately get a UAI of 75 and over.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I'm surrounded by bludgers who don't give a shit about their HSC and they fully distract others. It's like why don't you just drop out?
I have to tell them to shut up at least 10 times per period urgh

riot_girl88

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Is it true? What do you guyz think? And if so, why?

Is it because they are surrounded by other nerds who influence them? Or do they have more experienced teachers?
No way i go to a private school and trust me im not a 'nerd'. i just do enough to keep me afloat. anyways our teachers are not that great. learn 2 study at home. u should be fine.

lol all of the bludgers in my form getting over 75 is a laugh. u get what u put in.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Re: is it true that private school students tend to get a higher UAI than public scho

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I heard that all students in private school will definately get a UAI of 75 and over.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I'm surrounded by bludgers who don't give a shit about their HSC and they fully distract others. It's like why don't you just drop out?
I have to tell them to shut up at least 10 times per period urgh
Elite private schools tend to get their students getting better UAI's through spoonfeeding them. So its not really private schools as a whole cohort, its a minority.

Yeah i'm in the same position as you. Just do your best.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Is it true? What do you guyz think? And if so, why?

I think it depends if the private school has an excellent academic reputation and whether their students can meet their expected ~$13 000/pa for uBer-Secksy UAI standards.
Tall poppies tend to be segregated in selective, public schools, so the idea of being surrounded by nerds sounds like an isolated case - unless you naturally gravitate towards geeks/jews/youth allowance recipients or attend PLC. Ok. so certain l33t privates have more of an emphasis on all-rounder-ness-education and have enough dough to roll the phat *experienced* and subjectively *money=results* teachers in.

IMHO, it doesn't matter which fascist institution you attend - if you have enough determination and independant study is your niche then it wouldn't make much of a gimungous difference UAI which you end up in. Take c james for example :)

On another note: I wouldn't have a fucking clue about privates, seeings I've only been to a selective and public iml.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Is it true?
Absolutely not.

And if so, why?
Why should it be true? You can't buy a UAI. You can only work to get one. Some private schools may be better and help their students more than some public schools. Some public schools may be better and help their students more than some private schools. There is no hard and fast relationship between what type of school you go to and what UAI you will get. The onus is on you, and if you're in a crappy class, you should work to try and rank 1 in that class so your marks aren't dragged down by your classmates.

I_F

NightShadow

HSC

i always thought that private schools have better teachers because they're professors and they get paid a whole bunch and if a student fails the teacher gets pissy cause they have to see the headmaster about re-evaluation of position (ie.. you might get fired)

but one of the clearest indicators i suppose is the greater concentration of higher socio-economic groups in private schools?

having said that..selective still kicks your ass

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

So much misinformation about the whole HSC/UAI thing. Even most teachers don't understand how it works, and for every thread you explain it, 12 more appear with stupid questions.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
The answer is probably yes. There are crap public schools around but privates are mostly good. Do consider that public, selective schools make up around 15 or so of the top 20 schools.

Always

HSC
It's true.

1. We get the good teachers.
2. Benefits of internal scaling from the smart scholarship kids and the general more competitive environment.
3. Pressure from competitive parents that expect a lot.
4. Practically 24 hour homework help.
5. We cheat. It's a fact.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A

Always said:
It's true.

1. We get the good teachers.
2. Benefits of internal scaling from the smart scholarship kids and the general more competitive environment.
3. Pressure from competitive parents that expect a lot.
4. Practically 24 hour homework help.
5. We cheat. It's a fact.

Hmm...that won't work in uni.

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
i go to a private school, and its the culture that i find that helps people to achieve better marks. theres alot of competition and its like a push to be at the top of the class, whereas i talk to my mates from public schools and theyre all like 'oh u nerd u study" and they always try and push to be the bottom of the class yet want to achieve good in their hsc. at my school, the average size of each grade is about 40, and each class ranges from 5-20 people.
we get alot of one on one help, like i have a terrific mentor who i meet with each week for like 40 mins, and we just talk about school, life, everything. and she gives me advice on how to tackle things, and coz shes my teacher in one of my subjects, its like extra help too. then we have extra maths, chem, physics, english and bio helps at lunch time and after school.
the teacheres do all they can for us, giving away alot of their time to help us

Always

HSC

luscious-llama said:
Hmm...that won't work in uni.
But us rich kids don't need distinctions in uni. We enter the same industry as our parents so we're already ahead.

I'm kidding.

hmmmm.....i go to a private school and i don't cheat. how do you cheat? pls tell me. I'd like to know. but yeh, the other reasons are true.
Have you heard the excuses kids make up to miss their assessments? The only reason they're getting away with it is because the parents are paying the money.

I'm not sure what school you go to, but some private schools alter bell times/timetables so we end up getting more hours and hence, more learning time. ;)

alexvincent

HSC
Bookie said:
no, its because theyre rich and use condoms when they have sex. stupid bogan. maybe its the reverse. private school students are normal. maybe it is you who has inexperienced teachers and becuase you are surrounded by equally stupid gits like yourself. thats what i think, as you asked.
Who do you think you are you ignorant pompous prick? Private school students are not normal as they make up only 1/3 of all secondary students in the state. If there ever was a "normal average student", it would be a public school student.

To suggest that all public school students don't use condoms when they have sex while private school students do is ludicrous.

Maybe the inequality of UAI results is indicative of the inequality of the education funding from the Federal Gov't who prefers to fund these elite schools most while there are public schools who have 5 textbooks amongst a class of 30 students. These private schools receive 2/3 of the education funding though only making up 1/3 of the student body in the state. This allows them to maintain their 8 rugby fields while public schools don't have an adequate library.

That's what I think you stupid git.

alexvincent

HSC
kangarulz said:
i go to a private school, and its the culture that i find that helps people to achieve better marks. theres alot of competition and its like a push to be at the top of the class, whereas i talk to my mates from public schools and theyre all like 'oh u nerd u study" and they always try and push to be the bottom of the class yet want to achieve good in their hsc. at my school, the average size of each grade is about 40, and each class ranges from 5-20 people.
we get alot of one on one help, like i have a terrific mentor who i meet with each week for like 40 mins, and we just talk about school, life, everything. and she gives me advice on how to tackle things, and coz shes my teacher in one of my subjects, its like extra help too. then we have extra maths, chem, physics, english and bio helps at lunch time and after school.
the teacheres do all they can for us, giving away alot of their time to help us
Is it true that at like private schools they teach their students to like say "like" at like a rate of like 5 times per minute? 'Cos like when people speak like that, it's like they're like one of those bimboes from like American TV shows and movies.

Like, don't go there girlfriend.

You like?

[P.S. I know I'm like generalising, but like it's satirical]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)