Is it very difficult to 'credit transfer' to Australian National University? (1 Viewer)

amandaWill

HSC
I'm completing my (2 year) Associate degree in Graphic Design (at a private college in Sydney) and wish to study Arts/ Design in Australian National University or University of Canberra next year, 2010.

- 05 HSC - I don't want to mention, below 60!
- 08 average result - Credit
- 09 average result - Distinction

I wish I can get into the (1st or) 2nd year of the 3 year BA degree in one of the uni. I don't know if my qualification satisfies their entry requirements...

So if I completed the associate degree with credit to distinction result, an excellent portfolio artwork, will they still look at my UAI result? Are there any hope to study at ANU or is it easier to get into University of Canberra?

***I will be 23 next year : (

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Enter on the grounds of Mature Age Entry, they will look at previous study and experience and shouldn't take your UAI into account.
Good luck.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought the visual arts based courses were based on a folio + interview. (this is how my mate got in). He told me, they never looked at his UAI (despite it being below the threshold)

amandaWill

HSC
Thanks for the answers guys!

I was thinking of Mature Age entry too, I actually did the course at UNSW in 2007 but didn't complete it. I did Philosophy and there had a lot reading and the English was too hard for me! That's why I quitted. I don't know if I have to study another 'preparation course' if I 'apply' Mature Entry...

Hi DAVO, no you're right, I read the 2008 UAC guide and it said based on folio + interview. But I'm still worry because ANU is a really outstanding university, I'm afraid if I don't meet their requirements...

Can I ask, what was the interview like? Do you know? Thanks : )

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I was thinking of Mature Age entry too, I actually did the course at UNSW in 2007 but didn't complete it. I did Philosophy and there had a lot reading and the English was too hard for me! That's why I quitted. I don't know if I have to study another 'preparation course' if I 'apply' Mature Entry...
I just sat the one day STAT test to get in by mature entry, so no need to do another Uni Prep course, but as the guy said above, for the course you want you might only need your portfolio and interview.

But could always sit the STAT as a back up. (STAT was a lot easier than I thought it would be). EDIT: But there was a course STAT could not be used for, and I think it might actually be the Art Design one... simply because you use your portfolio and interview to get in. So check.

As for the interview being hard or whatever, you can only try, you have nothing to lose.

Go for it :)

Last edited:

amandaWill

HSC
o thanks Davo, that would be great, sure I'll be bothering you around the 7th!!!! :)

Hi moc2009, thanks for telling me that, I will check if I can sit the STAT test...
Good Luck for the result :)

Andi0390

HSC
Its also definitely worth going to ANU over UC if at all possible. ANU seem pretty flexible, you can do that uni test thing, and they let people in with lower marks sometimes. I don't find them overly strict.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Of course they don't look at marks Davo, how else would our favorite Uni Lodger have gotten in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)