Is it wise to do previous syllabus HSC papers? (1 Viewer)

Interdice

HSC
My teacher told me to stop doing trial papers and do past hsc papers, since they are more reflective of the questions that will be asked.

She said that Mod 8 is a new syllabus only topic. Is there any topics in mods 5, 6 and 7 that won't be convered?

carrotsss

HSC
No it’s stupid, there are plenty of good quality trial papers and they’re much more reflective of new syllabus HSCs than old syllabus HSC past papers would be - if you just do old syllabus papers you’ll end up wasting time on topics/question styles that aren’t in the new syllabus (and are really boring because the old syllabus sucked), and missing topics that are only in the new syllabus.

Interdice

HSC
No it’s stupid, there are plenty of good quality trial papers and they’re much more reflective of new syllabus HSCs than old syllabus HSC past papers would be - if you just do old syllabus papers you’ll end up wasting time on topics/question styles that aren’t in the new syllabus (and are really boring because the old syllabus sucked), and missing topics that are only in the new syllabus.
Trial papers are kinda ass though. The highest mark for physics was like 78 percent. And trial papers have rudiculous questions such as 7 markers on the history of light

carrotsss

HSC
Trial papers are kinda ass though. The highest mark for physics was like 78 percent. And trial papers have rudiculous questions such as 7 markers on the history of light
trust me old syllabus hsc papers are even worse it was like a whole paper of that

those questions are a part of the new syllabus though (and can be in the HSC) so you just kinda gotta cope tbh. agreed that they suck though

asduiashdi

HSC
trust me old syllabus hsc papers are even worse it was like a whole paper of that

those questions are a part of the new syllabus though (and can be in the HSC) so you just kinda gotta cope tbh. agreed that they suck though
would you say the same for maths?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)