Is it worth buying a spoonfeedme course to get ahead? (1 Viewer)

omni16

HSC
I wanted to start introducing myself to some first year accounting these holidays during the time that I'm not doing anything and was wondering if it would be worth it to purchase spoonfeedme course to expose myself to some accounting content in preparation for first sem accounting this year. Anyone used it before, is it worth the $40? Thanks.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Lol wtf. Relax. Why is every 2nd kid on bos studying up first year courses already?
You will be given plenty of time to adjust to things in uni and buy textbooks etc. If you were a nerd during the hsc, try change that and do something else with your time e.g. work or go out with people or go overseas.

Definitely would not recommend, especially for accounting. Haven't used it but couple of friends did and they said it was good i.e. good enough for a credit/d

omni16

HSC
Lol wtf. Relax. Why is every 2nd kid on bos studying up first year courses already?
You will be given plenty of time to adjust to things in uni and buy textbooks etc. If you were a nerd during the hsc, try change that and do something else with your time e.g. work or go out with people or go overseas.

Definitely would not recommend, especially for accounting. Haven't used it but couple of friends did and they said it was good i.e. good enough for a credit/d
I do do these things.. but thanks for the input.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
I do do these things.. but thanks for the input.
That's good man! If you have no idea about what accounting entails, search up youtube. I don't think its a good idea to start course specific topics yet i.e. spoonfeedme.

D94

HSC
N/A
Nah, don't pay $40 when it's free on YouTube. You are essentially paying for convenience not content; any competent person in the information age can find exact or similar content on YouTube or other sites.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My advice to Op is relax and if you really have time to kill, use it to do other things which aren't directly related to your field of study especially if it will improve your employability in the future. Apart from the initial feel good factor and potentially being ahead of the game in the first few lectures/tutorials (which in first year are predominantly a social exercise which even the lecturers accept), in the longer run, everything will balance out and be equal so your advantage will be short lived.

Remember this isn't the HSC anymore where you need to do extra tuition or studying to get up to scratch. The next step/end game for most is a solid career and that will not be solely determined by your marks in uni, much less your ability to get ahead of your fellow first years in introductory accounting. Therefore do something more productive and useful with your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)