• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
At the start of the HSC exam a girl behind me was crying because it was the HSC >.< is the HSC worth crying for?

McMuffins

Banned
HSC
Yes.

If you put so much work into something, and you fuck up. You have every right to cry

crazy_paki123

HSC
Yeah but the paper wasnt even revealed yet and she broke down. felt sorry for her though

crazy_paki123

HSC
she went outside took a deep breath, teacher got water and resumed the exam

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Some great advice given by slyhunter - everyone should keep these pointers in mind over these next few weeks. One thing I would like to emphasise is about maintaining your health, especially from an emotional standpoint. These exams can be very draining for some especially from an emotional point of view. Having a balance during this time is so important in holistically maintaining your health - so dont completely cut yourself off from others. If you are feeling really down, it's good to have someone to talk to (family, friends etc). If you feel like you have no one else to talk to, you can try the kids helpline (1800 55 1800).

I know this may seem over the top, but quite a few people do suffer in silence - due to personal expectations or the expectations of others. So if you are in this position, do seek help because no ATAR is worth sacrificing your health over.
Truth.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's sad someone broke down in the exam. I personally haven't shed tears yet for the HSC (barely ever cry) but I don't think it's crazy for someone to shed some tears during the year after a bad result, or the stress of a major work etc. As long as they pick themselves up and carry on. Some people work really hard, so having a PRIVATE cry is ok after they get home. It's not really in my nature, I don't think it's good to cry in public.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
It's quite sad to hear that. Not intending to be biased but as a girl it's okay to cry, but as a guy toughen up.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
I broke down the night before the physics exam. =(
Oh... sorry to hear that, you reckon you will be okay on the 1st of November?
I hope so and by the way toughen up!!!
You can do better than this, and I know it as a fact.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Emotions are the same regardless of gender...
Yeah, but sadly, there's a social stigma against guys crying. It's ludicrous. If a guy starts crying, his mates are like "oi stop being a pussy m8, eat some cement and harden up" but when a girl starts crying everyone's all "omfg we all need to help her because she's sad".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)