Is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

gurmiyrg__

HSC
I am currently doing Advanced math, however did not pass the Prelim course at all. I intend on doing Law in uni, and i’m contemplating on dropping to standard where I could get easy 90s.

My question is that, is it worth me trying and devoting extra time to advanced math to get 80-85 or get easy 90-95s in standard and get better at my other subjects...

Constantine

HSC
Dropping to Standard. If you failed the Prelim Advanced course, I don't think it is very likely for you to achieve 80s in Year 12. You can still get the necessary ATAR for Law with Standard. In fact, many of my law classmates didn't even do Maths...

gurmiyrg__

HSC
Dropping to Standard. If you failed the Prelim Advanced course, I don't think it is very likely for you to achieve 80s in Year 12. You can still get the necessary ATAR for Law with Standard. In fact, many of my law classmates didn't even do Maths...
Im doing E1 English, Business, Legal and PDHPE is that fine

HSC
N/A
It's a good thing you decided what you want to study at uni. Based on this, advanced maths won't be relevant to your law studies, not that general maths will be either. But if you're planning on keeping maths as a subject then definitely consider dropping to standard.

beetree1

HSC
I know maths is not even a tiny bit related to Law, but I still think you should do advanced maths because it scales significantly better than standard and I think it would be beneficial to your atar.
I am also pursuing Law but am doing 4u maths because it will get me the atar lol

gurmiyrg__

HSC
I know maths is not even a tiny bit related to Law, but I still think you should do advanced maths because it scales significantly better than standard and I think it would be beneficial to your atar.
I am also pursuing Law but am doing 4u maths because it will get me the atar lol
I may choose E2 english so that may help. but i JUST passed the yearly exam for adv math. i don’t think i passed the course as a whole tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)