IS JACARANDA A WASTE OF TIME (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
Hi guys!

I've been using the Jacaranda textbook for my HSC year and I've got to say there is a lot of useless and enigmatic information, especially it seems in the HR processes section where it misses internal and external recruitment.
I'm just wondering, what are you guys using to supplement this textbook and how much of its info is actually useful or how much info does it miss?

Thanks in advance guys

idkkdi

HSC
Hi guys!

I've been using the Jacaranda textbook for my HSC year and I've got to say there is a lot of useless and enigmatic information, especially it seems in the HR processes section where it misses internal and external recruitment.
I'm just wondering, what are you guys using to supplement this textbook and how much of its info is actually useful or how much info does it miss?

Thanks in advance guys
I did three practice HSC exams in total, bludged the entire year. and in the week before the HSC, I binged the textbook, memorised directives, memorised the syllabus and read the Qantas case study. I got an external mark of 94. I think you're fine. There's a reason why I perpetuate how BS the course Business Studies is. It's the definition of rote memorisation without using your brain. Oh, but there's applying that knowledge to cases! No, that's bullcrap as well. Anyone with half a brain can match up the syllabus dot points to the question and the situation. ---> if you're good at doing this, you don't need to practice past papers at all, except maybe for essays/reports. You just need a photocopy of the book in your brain. Also, I recall that the Jacaranda textbook does have internal and external recruitment. From experience, none of the information is very enigmatic. It did not seem to miss much information either. The seemingly useless information can be useful given the right circumstances - you need depth of knowledge to ramble in business reports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)