Is Law Boring? (2 Viewers)

X

xeuyrawp

~ ReNcH ~ said:
Btw. what's the Socratic method?
Teaching by asking people questions, and getting them to join the dots. You just direct the conversation by the questions.

04er

HSC
i personally like the socratic method so long as the teacher doesn't ask a specific person to answer the question (which unfortunately does occur).

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
...i dont think 60 people in a 'tutorial' is very appropriate.

Socratic works most of the time.

But there are times when it is like banging your head against the wall...when the teacher should just spoon feed it out.
60 people? My class sizes are usually 30-35 people

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Not particularly...I'm leaning towards Finance. If I do a straight BCom, then I'll I'm not too sure what my 2nd major will be - probably Management, International Business or Accounting though I want to avoid Accounting if possible.
As per your previous posting, if you're interested in getting into investment banking and that type of thing, go for Com/Law at UNSW (school of banking and finance there is the best without a doubt) and make sure you have plenty of extracurricular and work experience under your belt by the time you graduate.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
...well a few 60 class law classes have appeared this year.

I believe our friend James King is in the 60 person Admin 'tutorial'
aren't they supposed to be seminars

X

xeuyrawp

IMO, class size can be big if the topic material's fine for it, maybe something totally objective like Finance or some parts of law. Humanity subjects, and a few law ones wouldn't work with a big class, you need discussion.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Minai said:
As per your previous posting, if you're interested in getting into investment banking and that type of thing, go for Com/Law at UNSW (school of banking and finance there is the best without a doubt) and make sure you have plenty of extracurricular and work experience under your belt by the time you graduate.
So for corporate finance/investment banking etc. would I be better off doing Com/Law as opposed to a double major in BCom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)