is majority of students in ur class girls? (1 Viewer)

Catastrophe

HSC
well, i'm in begginers and the class is full of girls. like 20/22 girls. i'm one of the guys.....

and theres this girl who always get 97-100% >< my teacher is like biased, she learnt some jap in china b4 she came to begginers while i started of with nothing.
if i perform as well as her in the actual HSC, but get 80% compare to 95% in school accessment, should my final mark be similar?

who else is doin begginers here? lol, my teacher doesnt like my use of vocab thats not in the course^^

Groagy

HSC
I think my class is rather unusual in that of the 7 people in my class, 6 are guys and there's only one girl. I presume that are majority of people who study Japanese (or any other language) are girls.

Gemstone

Well we only have 5 people in my class so I don't think you can really class it as a majority more like half half but we have 3 girls 2 guys. We actually have another guy but he's doing a different course to us (It's the IB an alternative to the HSC).

Gems

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
well in my jap class last yr we had 16 guys (all boys skool :rolleyes: ) There were only 3 white guys tho, rest were Azn - either chinese or korean :cool:

Catastrophe

HSC
well, i guess about 70% of ppl doin jap is girls, 4 of the guys in my class dropped jap cos they fail XD

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
yeah that sounds true... my maths extension 2 class is even though, same number of girls and boys, but rank 1, 2 and 3 are all girls

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I dont think you can necessarily say that girls are better at languages and guys are better at maths... everybodys good at different things.

Im a guy, and im good at languages, but im not good at maths.

My opinion is that girls generally have a better work ethic and are willing to put in the hard work for it. A language can be a killer if you dont work hard at learning it.

Also, guys usually (not all guys though) want to do subjects at uni like engineering which require you to know 3 unit maths. Because they need a good UAI, they put the effort into maths.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Wilmo said:
I dont think you can necessarily say that girls are better at languages and guys are better at maths... everybodys good at different things.

Im a guy, and im good at languages, but im not good at maths.

My opinion is that girls generally have a better work ethic and are willing to put in the hard work for it. A language can be a killer if you dont work hard at learning it.

Also, guys usually (not all guys though) want to do subjects at uni like engineering which require you to know 3 unit maths. Because they need a good UAI, they put the effort into maths.
LOL, that so does not apply to me :)
i'm not studying much for japanese but i'm still coming first
but i work so hard at maths, but i'm last... hehehe

ichig0

HSC
i go to an all girls school.. and theres not many asians in it.. so in a class of about 20...there's 6 asians including the japanese exchange student.. lol
and my my TAFE japanese cert.3 class...theres an equal number of guys and girls..

Catastrophe

HSC
generally, girls like to do jap and are usually better than guys cos they talk more than guys....well mostly

and guys tend to be good in maths cos its silent studying lol...

but most of the girls in my class is crappier than me, cept 2 who got more jap experience than me><

kochou

Yeh I meant it generally...girls are better at humanities and guys at sciences..isn't it to do with which side of the brain which gender uses more??

Anyways there's not much studying required for Jap continuers,considering you can bring in a dictionary.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
true but you don't have time to use the dictionaries in the exams though!
i ran out of time writing the letter/email/ etc so i made up words :)

too bad for beginners hey catastrophe :D:D:D
jk jk

bullz74

HSC
im in the same school as Catastrophe :D, we have 3 guys(im a guy) and 3 girls in our continuers, and 2 girls and 1 guy(me) in extension. pretty evenly numbered to me. well we are all asian, but one girl is half japanese and half irish.....
our beginners class is crazy though, theres only 2 guys(including Catastrophe) and about 20 girls..... ;)

i don't think the girls are better at languages and guys are better at maths theory is right, every body is different. and i absolutely suck at maths, but i enjoy languages. :uhhuh:

Catastrophe

HSC
lol....its true that girls are not always better than guys. i know so many guys that tops the class, it all depends on ur interest^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)