Is matrix good? (1 Viewer)

Triage

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking about getting tutoring next year (11) for english advanced, extension maths, chemistry, physics and UMAT. Is matrix, specifically chatswood good?

Triage

HSC
N/A
*how do you compare it to other tutoring schools?

iBibah

HSC
I've heard good things.

And your going to have a big hole in your pocket, so make the most of it.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
I've heard some very good things about their maths program. Sciences - mixed reviews. For UMAT, I'd recommend someone else like MedEntry. And stay away from their English Advanced program - it doesn't provide individualised targeting - which is required in English.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking about getting tutoring next year (11) for english advanced, extension maths, chemistry, physics and UMAT. Is matrix, specifically chatswood good?
year 11... and tutoring?

Coookies

HSC
year 11... and tutoring?
Lots of people do tutoring in year 11, its become normal now.

OP, I suggest Dux College for those subjects, as a cheaper alternative(but definitely not worse). Do some research and see how you feel.
Not too sure about UMAT though.

lachy95

HSC
To give you an idea of how much Matrix costs (its quite hard to find it on their website) - its $1080 for 27 hours.

That 27 hours has two forms: 9 days of 3 hours each in the holidays or 3 hours one day a week for 9 weeks within the term.

So its $40 per hour. Which is a lot.

However, two things to consider.
1) they do offer workshops that you can book for free at any time during the term (both holiday course and term course entitle you to these)
- sometimes they will be a general workshop for you to do HW/assignments/study and tutors roam around and help those who require it
- other times, they run special things - like 1-on-1 science tutoring which you can book at the front desk or like a mini class on integration

2) they've got this 3 for 2 offer going until the 7th of October (I think).
- so you pay $2000 (which is still a fuckload) for $3000 worth of hours, which can be in the holidays or the term.

so yeah i go to matrix at chatswood for 4U holiday course and i like it. and im considering that 3 for 2 thing - adding chemistry and 3U maths in the term (in CBD)

Last edited:

Hoskiies

HSC
From personal experience.
All the good teachers are at Straithfield
English idk. I heard that its not that good from my friends
Physics, Chemistry, Maths ext (y)

I recommend for English get private tutor
The price yea, its worthit but depends whether you get a shit teacher or not and whether you're willing to put in the effort and experience out of it.

HSC
most of the good teachers work at strathfield and chatswood :) be ready for the work load if you're planning to do 4 subjects there and maths is for 3 hours whereas phys, chem and eng adv is 1 1/2. Other than the workload and I guess the price the teachers and tutors are really helpful and friendly. Hope that helped :)

nightweaver066

HSC
Don't to Advanced English at Matrix, do it elsewhere.

I've heard good things about maths (although trust me, there are better places) and science is phenomenal (personal experience) depending on which teachers you get

sparedes1995

HSC
Personally, Chem and Phys at matrix are EXCELLENT - they have dedicated teachers, VERY detailed notes, and each lesson you get short quizzes to reinforce your knowledge of theory AND exam technique (they mark it promptly and give feedback). I definitely recommend you to go!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)