is music getting worse? (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
The Music industry is getting worse, simply because people are promoted for how they look and what they whether rather than how much talent they have.

Mercury 4 - SHUDDER!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
same here.. i like listening to foreign music...
but the occaisional songs that are simple and good (john mayer :rolleyes: strike me)
thats only cos every chic wants john mayer to make love to them hahah :) jkz... yeah he good artist, like pete murray better that guy is mad :)

Originally posted by spleen
there is good bands out there, you just gotta look a bit harder.
try at the drive-in or the mars volta.
yeah mars volta album is great, same with muse, A Perfect Circle, Tool still going strong, sevendust, still heaps..and Triple M stil play a nice bunch of songs from time to time...more tolerable than most stations

~Dreamer

HSC
sometimes though a singer is dubbed crap by everyone else because of their whole image. some actually can sing...but cant go about it the right way. if we can fix those people up it would be a lot better

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~Dreamer
sometimes though a singer is dubbed crap by everyone else because of their whole image. some actually can sing...but cant go about it the right way. if we can fix those people up it would be a lot better
like...

Kos

Originally posted by Mojoman
pink floyd need to get back together and transform the music world... yet again
Nein, they were a great band, but dont mess with history dude. Except for Bob Dylan, past it rockers should not make new stuff.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Kos
Christina Aguleira. She can actually sing, but all her songs suck borrie.
never thought she was crap, just a different genre, same with mariah carey and whitney houston...

im talking bout the shit of the shit...*cough*avril's performance at mtv icon for metallica *cough..Splutter..Keels Over* .. just like her performance

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
like...
Most manufactured, bubblegum-pop singers can actually sing...they just need to learn to use their powers for good instead of evil.

I'd have to say that a good voice is actually very low on my list in of What Makes Music Good. If the singer can carry a tune and has a decent voice, thats good enough for me. Any better than that is just an added bonus.

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
I agree that Top 50 chart music has gone to Hell...not recently, but a fair while ago.

Josh Groban is my absolute favourite singer. I also love Michael Buble. Would you find their singles on the Top 50 Chart? Not likely :(.

People seem to automatically assume that in the case of Josh Groban, if you sing in Italian, French or Spanish that you're a classical singer. That is far from the truth.

Well do me a favour and check them out:
www.joshgroban.com and www.michaelbuble.com

Last edited:

Aaron1911

I really hate some of the hip hop music lately...I mean look at some of Ja Rule's songs he's released over the years.

The Murderes
Murda 4 Life
187 Murda
Its Murda
Dial M For Murder
Murder Me
Murder Reigns

That guys got fucking issues. And don't get me started about Suge Knight's rehash after rehash of old 2pac recordings. And fifty cent omg..."Ja..ur so fake im gonna glock you cuz i got the magic stick p-i-m-p and i want respect because i'm a p-i-m-p and look like a stupid monkey"

HSC
YES music has gone really shit for the past 2 yrs
aprat for only a few really good songs

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juggernaut
rnb is the shit
get into that if u want some good music
yeah it is the SHIT

it belongs at the bottom of a heap

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
This is the very reason I listen to the old stuff now. Can't go past AC/DC. Split Enz, Icehouse & Meat Loaf all good. Stopped listening to the latest music 4yrs ago, i.e Melbourne radio stations such as Fox, TTFM.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i like coldplay and no doubt....but the atomic kittens piss me off omg u call that music and that annoying song that keeps on getting replayed over all the fm radio stations: me against the music

quote: *is an example of absolute shite*

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Aaron1911
I really hate some of the hip hop music lately...I mean look at some of Ja Rule's songs he's released over the years.

The Murderes
Murda 4 Life
187 Murda
Its Murda
Dial M For Murder
Murder Me
Murder Reigns

That guys got fucking issues. And don't get me started about Suge Knight's rehash after rehash of old 2pac recordings. And fifty cent omg..."Ja..ur so fake im gonna glock you cuz i got the magic stick p-i-m-p and i want respect because i'm a p-i-m-p and look like a stupid monkey"

LOL and ashanti had that rnb company MURDER inc.
its gone shit...so has j.lo's music....then again it was always shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)