Is my Watch Allowed (1 Viewer)

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Just on the topic of whats allowed in the exams - are we allowed to use white out??

HSC
La Divina said:
Just on the topic of whats allowed in the exams - are we allowed to use white out??
yes but i advise you not to. just cross it out if you dont want it there, it will take too long to dry

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
yeah sometimes i have stuff in my pocket that i dont realise i`ve brought in.

one time i was in maths and i felt something in one of my pockets and i looked down and saw all my written palm cards with formulas all over them stuck halfway out of my pocket - literally.

i freaked out , cos if they caught me .. then yeah lol xD - this was during my trial.
I think I brought my phone into the half yearly's, which wouldn't have scared me since it was in the inside blazer pocket. But I couldn't remember whether I set it on silent >.>; And my ringtone is of my school doing a really crap warcry at the swimming carnival, so it's gonna be quite a predicament if it rang x.x;

Good thing it didn't tho <.<

La Divina said:
Yeah, I brought white out into my trials and no one complained. I only use it when you have time at the end of the exam to white out what you've crossed out tho

Bec-B

HSC
Well during MY history extension trial my phone went off DURING THE EXAM (In my bag, not my pocket, thank god). And everyone knew it was mine because I had this stupid wanky ringtone and yeah quite embarrassment really.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
yes i know its a waste of time, but i just wanted know incase i got desperate and didnt have any space to write like in phys or chem because i cross out alot ><

jazzmuzik

HSC
nope its not allowed..
we had the guidelines for exams read out the other day and they specifically said no watches that beep..(probably in more technical terms) but yeah it was there...
i think it can be analog or digital as long as it doesnt make any sounds...

:(

~LEAH~

HSC
What do they mean by programmable watch? That it has a stop watch...

jazzmuzik does that mean then if your watch has the potential to beep it is not allowed in lol

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i tried turning the sound off and i couldn't figure out how
damn i should have asked someone
ooooh i'll email my english teacher!

~LEAH~

HSC
I'm getting really paranoid now that I'll turn up to the exam and they'll be like "Oooh STOP THAT GIRL SHE HAS A WATCH THAT MAY BEEP! No watch for her." And the analogue clocks in my exam room are really crap and old and slow or fast and it takes way too long for mathematically challenged people such as myself to work out the time :shy:

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
~LEAH~ said:
I'm getting really paranoid now that I'll turn up to the exam and they'll be like "Oooh STOP THAT GIRL SHE HAS A WATCH THAT MAY BEEP! No watch for her." And the analogue clocks in my exam room are really crap and old and slow or fast and it takes way too long for mathematically challenged people such as myself to work out the time :shy:
i second that
once i thought i only had 5 mins left
then i realised it was actually more like 15

HSC
yeahh, i know what you mean. i remember my friend sitting next to me falling asleep in a maths exam, so i shitted myself and finished the last questions and a half in 10 min. when i looked up i realised i still had 55 min left.

i also heard a story of how someone overestimated their time (thought they had one hour more than what they were meant to have) and ended up not doing a 1/3 of the paper.

so remember to take the time to read the time on the clock. if that makes any sense. :confused:

~LEAH~

HSC
ahen said:
i second that
once i thought i only had 5 mins left
then i realised it was actually more like 15
Ha ha. Yay I'm not alone in my clock mis-readings. I think I just hate analogue because I fear I've just got it wrong and so I keep re-checking and waste time.

2 more days kiddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then celebration time :santa:

(Well apart from the month of hard-slog exams)

G

gaoOO

i used a small stopwatch timer in the trials, which makes no sound.
but i'm not sure if timers are allowed, even if they're silent... :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)