Is or has anyone done a magazine for their MDP (1 Viewer)

evilferret

HSC
Hey i'm doing a magazine for DT media and i'm wondering if there is anyone out there who can give me some advice about it or if anyone is going to do it this year, add me to msn or something, if my email isn't in my profile thingy, its ferretsrule@hotmail.com

so anyway. is there anyone who can give me advice!? from software, to how long it might take, work experience, portfolio troubles, trying to find a magazine that doesn't exist, printing it, costs, yada yada yada

tractor_chic

HSC
N/A
hey i did a magazine this year. youll get sick of it so quickly!
i did one that one that was written by teens for teens cuz they is nothing else like that in australia.

i did work experiance at cleo for it, it didn't really help very much except that i could do a case study on it for my folio and i could compare how i made mine to commercial practices.

printing it is a bitch i got it done at office works and i had it on publisher 2003 and they have publisher 2000 so the whole format changed so i had to buy this pdf converter and that cost like $100 bucks. this all happened like a week before it was due so i advise getting the thing printed way before is due to advovied problems.

some parts of the folio are hard like evidence of experiments and stuff.

um thats about all i can think of hope it sorta helps

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
as I said in another thread... have u thought about an interactive mag.. like a web based one or something? then u could have video intervies and sound and stuff and online quizzes.

evilferret

HSC
thanks you guys. i'll think a bit more about whether i want to do a magazine. I don't want many problems, since i'll have 3 major works to do.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
3 major works.. been there, done that :) It may seem a but overwhelming but u'll survive just remember to plan your time wisely and dont stress too much about it. thats the mistake that I made and it takes time away from the production of the majors. Once they're done you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. U'll be fine, goodluck and most of all HAVE FUN :)

evilferret

HSC
thanks. thats the first postive thing i've heard about having three major works..

QUIRK

HSC
I am doing a magazine, if someone above (or not above) whos done a magazine, could they please send me there portfolio?

to quirkatron@gmail.com

it would help me so much thanks

lucidassembly

HSC
Just a quick question... what kinds of experiments have you guys done for magazines? I've completed several, but my teacher informed me that there were lots more I could do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)