Is premier award=all rounders?? (1 Viewer)

VQ

HSC
Is premier award=all rounders??

Then will we get notification if we get 1?

VQ

HSC
So I will get 1 = )

And how will I get the award (is it a cup or certificate?) if I am an overseas student? Does any1 know?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
hahahhaha

"a cup".

you'll definitely get it. Maybe by post?

They might even email it in this day and age :p

Last edited by a moderator:

VQ

HSC
Sorry...maybe I am a lil bit slow..

But I didn't get ur joke >.<

Alimoe_KG

HSC
VQ said:
Sorry...maybe I am a lil bit slow..

But I didn't get ur joke >.<

haha nevermind

But if you're a premier award winner, you'll definitley get the certificate thingy.

They might post it if you're overseas. I think. I hope. :)

Lucan\'

HSC
two rumours are going around about the premier's award thing...

1) That we go to an evening with the premier where we are awarded the certificates
2) That we get 3 grand each..hahaha

Yerr well I'm pretty sure that #2 is bullcrap..and if this shire sheiz keeps going I think Iemma might be a bit preoccupied lol

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you won't be getting any money. you will be attending a function day where bob carr... sorry i mean morris iemma... presents the recipients with nice glass display trophies with your name engraved. i repeat, no money. if you're an overseas student, i guess they send it to your house by courier or something.

if you top a subject in the state or get a crazy aggregate mark (can't remember exact mark), then you are eligible for an australian student award thingy (awarded by the commonwealth government), worth about $2000.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My tutor said that you sit in a different room and watch the ceremony on a TV screen... I wonder if it's true.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
This is how it works:

1. You receive Band 6/Band E4 in at least 10 units then you are on the All Rounders list and will receive the Premiers Award.
2. You will receive a letter in the mail from the board of studies in later december/early january (cant remember 100%) explaining you won the award and the procedures and an response form. Theres also 2 tickets which allows you to invite (at most) 2 other people to come with you.
3. The ceremony is in late January or February (again, cant remember 100%) in the city. You need to be there a lot earlier than the ceremony starts because they run you through a rehearsal, and only students are allowed so if you bring someone they need to find something to do for 1+ hours.
4. When the ceremony starts, students sit on the upper level of the seating in alphabetical order, parents/guests sit on the lower level.
5. You sit through every single person getting the award one at a time, takes 2-3 hours at least. In the end you get a trophy and a group of 6 photo with the premier (the photo gets sent to your house some time later).
6. Theres catering after i think, although not sure what since i left straight after

Personally, I wouldnt have gone if my parents hadnt forced me. You can choose, from the letter they send, for them to send the award home. Unless you want a photo with the premier or want to be formally recognised in front of a large crowd, theres not much point to it...for me at least.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
politik said:
It's 5 grand. And I think only the top students in Australia get it.

no money for all rounders.

You don't even need to get a uai of 90 to get in that list.

if u top a subject u only get $500 (i think)

gman03

HSC
So would Iemma actually give out awards for this year people I question?

Wasn't the award thingy started by Bob anyway?

sarahn

HSC
i heard a rumour that if you come from outside of metropolitan sydney, they'll pay for your transport and accommodation....

is this true? (being 6 hours from sydney, i would very much like it to be!!! :) )

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Last year's award was handed out in February.

It's more about an occasion to meet up with school friends before uni starts again. You get your 4 sec of glory shaking Iemma's hand and that's it, and as acmilan said, a photo with him and a few others.

Agree with acmilan on it being pointless...4 sec of fame shaking Iemma's hand...one person said that he even felt sorry for Bob Carr shaking all those people's hands.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Templar said:
Last year's award was handed out in February.

It's more about an occasion to meet up with school friends before uni starts again. You get your 4 sec of glory shaking Iemma's hand and that's it, and as acmilan said, a photo with him and a few others.

Agree with acmilan on it being pointless...4 sec of fame shaking Iemma's hand...one person said that he even felt sorry for Bob Carr shaking all those people's hands.
At least you got to go. I wonder what the highest UAI w/o going to the premier's award is... Probably 99.85 I'm guessing.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
At least you got to go. I wonder what the highest UAI w/o going to the premier's award is... Probably 99.85 I'm guessing.
did you get 99.85?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
I didn't go. As if I got 10 units in B6.

EATAPIE said:
did you get 99.85?
He got 99.75.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)