Is SAM accurate?? (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
deef said:
so do our UAIs get scaled up more if our year is genearlly 'dumber' than previous years, or does it get scaled up if our year is genearlly smarter?
Without going into the technical stuff, UAIs will generally be higher (than in past years) if marks are, on average, lower (than in past years). The reverse also applies.

Pinkeedotz said:
just a question can anyone clarify for me what aggregate means?

http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2003-Table-A8.pdf

i found it on this pdf. and was wondering what the heck it meant.
Your aggregate is simply the sum of your scaled HSC marks from your best 10 units. It's a number between 0 and 500 used to rank all students and determine UAIs.

= Jennifer = said:
if your examination mark is higher than your hsc mark do you get scaled down
No. Only your HSC mark for each course matters, not your individual examination or assessment marks.

Pinkeedotz

Pinkeedotz
HSC
thankz lazarus. but btw the scaled hsc mark, is one that UAC has right? and not our hsc mark from out results

shmeegal

HSC
im confuuuuuzd

hey u guys,
could sum1 plz help me out with that SAM thing? it spat out a really high uai.. not REAALLY high.. but still high, considering the marks i put in.

so then i thought maybe it was cos i put in a mark out of 100 for maths Ext1.. was i supposed to put in a mark out of 50 for that course??? or is it worth 2units??? please help me. i really dont wanna get my hopes up. its bad for my health.

and then i got confused all over again because my chem marks contributed to the calculation of my uai.. when my lowest marks were for chem. (?????????)

so then i thought: WHATS HAPPENING?!!

and so now im thinking: plz somebody help me. quickly.

IS SAM ACCURATE?

shmeegal

HSC
sleep. sleep is good. i'll go to sleep.

im not gonna sit ere worryin any longer! im off to bed. gnite to all. and gdluck.

Idyll

HSC
well, the 2003 uai in sam was exactly what my actual uai is, so well done lazarus and any others that helped out :)

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
SAM was spot on for me.
Half because i did half my subjects last year, but that also means that the subjects I did this year didn't change much in the scaling.
But anyhow, well done SAM =)

somechick

HSC
N/A
Donshe said:
Sam gave me 90.65

Ended up with 89.95

Piece of shit :)

Stupid piece of crap. It told me i'd get 3 uai points higher, which is a hella of a lotta difference from my actual uai. If only.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
nooooooooooo it is hell noway accurate! it predicted 5 points above the uai that i got! daymmm, it mislead me so much!

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
SAM takes the penii, it predicted 5 points higher than i got..
oh well, i only have myself to blame for my own insolence.. :(

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
maybe SAM was being optimistic
in my case it thought i would nt do as well but was 1 pt off so i got higher than it said:D i was happy with the 82 any way

Arell

HSC
N/A
Accurate? Are you kiding, it stated that I would achieve 65.5 and I just got 92.25. How can that be accurate. In my opinion, these predicters are belief changers, the people who believe that they will get a particualr uai will work hard (or not) to achieve it.

dprs

HSC
To the person who got 60 something in SAM and achieved 90 something... maybe you entered in your raw marks?

SAM said I would get 99.9, using my final HSC marks from the BOS, and i ended up getting 99.8

so its pretty accurate I guess, considering the scaling trend ;)

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
90? by any chance?
no! 89.95?!? GAH!

93.65 here :) i'm a disadvantaged rural boy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)