is smoking weed bad? (1 Viewer)

Loneliness is

aint nothing glamorous in what you conceal, even w
HSC
N/A
i watched a documentary about the different drugs/substances in our society, and ranked the drugs from most dangerous to least. They consulted psychologists, pharmacists etc and used other factors such as 'danger to society' as well as 'danger to physical health' etc. It was quite interesting, i think its on top documentaries .com (sorry for the ambiguous address, i watched it on my mates computer and didnt take note of how he got it)

anyway, from memory the results were
1. heroin
2. cocaine/crack
5. alcohol
~ 12. MDMA/Ecstasy
18. marijuana

Very interesting doco, only went for twenty min

dydx

HSC
heard somewhere smoking weed makes you stoned...

is this true?

Malfoy-Sama

HSC
weed fucks with your brain

makes you pschytzophrenic i believe

anyone who does weed just wants attention/think they are awesome\

sad..

NewiJapper

HSC
Fair sure i posted that graph a while ago (off wikipedia? ;) )

Weed I find is ok occasionally but extreme long term use can lead to severe loss of brain function and memory function aswell.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
TT was doing a "Weed is bad!" story, the ad said it was about "supercharged" weed that'd knock your head off with one cone.

But then the story was just about how hydro weed is stronger and more common today than in past decades, and they interviewed a few people who had been smoking between TWENTY and FIFTY cones EVERY SINGLE DAY for many years and they were, surprise surprise, a little bit vague.

Hrmm yeah not quite supercharged danger weed. The effects of a drug when you abuse like those guys did it are very different to a casual user. If you had 20 drinks every night for ten years you'd be just as fucked up as he was. If you have a couple of drinks a week, you'll be fine.

homosapien

HSC
first of all my name is al :). i have some really helpful points that will definitely help you on this subject. ;)

1. smoking weed is really cool
2. It is very good for you (as it is a herbacious product coming from nature)
3. makes you feel super awesome

the end
yours sincerely Bill Clinten

cirenasfailing

HSC
well, of course its bad for you, its just not going to necessarily ruin your life unless you let it, and even then, its not exactly hard to get off of.

Gmac_0

HSC
I personally would not smoke weed due to my view that basically weed makes you a fuckin dropper. Ofc it isn't always true, but in general people who regularly smoke it tend to be stoned deadshits who just can't acquire the drive to succeed.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
try weed at high school with friends fun times to be had. As you aint gonna touch that stuff once you are older.

ActiveA

HSC
For the record, that diagram is so fucking off key it isn't funny mate. Some of the stuff is right on, but a heap is seriously off. Heroin, Cocaine, Ketamine and Amphetamine are all really misplaced.

Heroin has a huge stigma about it, and yes its addictive, but opiates in general are probably one of the safest drug classes in the world in terms of physical harm. Its the purity and method of consuming the substance that is the biggest factor. If you're a junkie and you're shooting up some H that's cut with baking soda and god knows what else, do you really think that's going to be good for your veins? I'm not endorsing Heroin in any shape or form (nor have i tried it), but people should understand the facts here.

Same with Coke, the stuff isn't good for you, but pure stuff used correctly isn't very bad for you at all, go overboard and you can wave goodbye to your dopamine levels.

Ket, same deal, abuse and you'll get owned.

The only thing that should be right up in the top right hand corner is Meth, because it does have that super addictive quality to it, and unless you're getting jacked on 99.9% pure ice (which you won't, unless you've got a prescription, you're super obese and live in America :/), you will fuck yourself up.

When it all boils down to it mate, drugs are drugs, they're not good for you and that's a fact. Saying that, everyone talks down drugs while having a ciggie or a beer occasionally, they're drugs aren't they? They also kill a hell of a lot more people per year than all illicit drugs combined times 10. And hey, 400,000+ die every year due to obesity, should KFC become illegal?

Its your body, you should put whatever the fuck you want in it, research whatever you want to do, live a healthy lifestyle and never let anything become a 'haven' for you if your stressed, that includes bud. My view is that we live life once, so find that balance between work and play, go out and get fucked up with your mates. I know I'd rather end up living in an alright house, with a wife and kids, going out occasionally with mates than studying my head off and working a highly paid, high hour job.

S'all bout the balance. I really went off topic... Annnd, i know too much about drugs.

Weed cannot cause cancer or emphysema, THC (chemical that makes you 'stoned') is an anti-carcinogenic. It does however contain a higher amount of tar than cigarettes, saying that, you only need to smoke one 'breath' of cannabis to get high, while people will smoke numerous cigarettes throughout the day, so in reality you're most likely going to put less tar on your lungs anyway. If you're worried about the tar, look into vaporizers, they don't harm you physically at all. It is not physically addictive, but i find it mentally habit forming if I've got bud lying around and nothing to do. You cannot die from bud, you'd have to smoke your body weight in 15 minutes, after the 4th cone you'd pass out anyway. Getting a mental illness from grass is seriously unlikely (<3% or something minute), and even then it is disputed whether cannabis causes an illness, or simply triggers a dormant mental illness that was going to emerge sooner or later. 85% of the Australian population have smoked weed, the government claims (in one of those stupid pot pamphlets) that something like 15% of people who smoke cannabis will be diagnosed with a mental illness. So according to them, a huge portion of the Australian population should have a mental illness, do we? No.

k, procrastinating rant over. Back to Xerxes :/

Last edited:

kit-mike

HSC
For the record, that diagram is so fucking off key it isn't funny mate. Some of the stuff is right on, but a heap is seriously off. Heroin, Cocaine, Ketamine and Amphetamine are all really misplaced.

Heroin has a huge stigma about it, and yes its addictive, but opiates in general are probably one of the safest drug classes in the world in terms of physical harm. Its the purity and method of consuming the substance that is the biggest factor. If you're a junkie and you're shooting up some H that's cut with baking soda and god knows what else, do you really think that's going to be good for your veins? I'm not endorsing Heroin in any shape or form (nor have i tried it), but people should understand the facts here.

Same with Coke, the stuff isn't good for you, but pure stuff used correctly isn't very bad for you at all, go overboard and you can wave goodbye to your dopamine levels.

Ket, same deal, abuse and you'll get owned.

The only thing that should be right up in the top right hand corner is Meth, because it does have that super addictive quality to it, and unless you're getting jacked on 99.9% pure ice (which you won't, unless you've got a prescription, you're super obese and live in America :/), you will fuck yourself up.

When it all boils down to it mate, drugs are drugs, they're not good for you and that's a fact. Saying that, everyone talks down drugs while having a ciggie or a beer occasionally, they're drugs aren't they? They also kill a hell of a lot more people per year than all illicit drugs combined times 10. And hey, 400,000+ die every year due to obesity, should KFC become illegal?

Its your body, you should put whatever the fuck you want in it, research whatever you want to do, live a healthy lifestyle and never let anything become a 'haven' for you if your stressed, that includes bud. My view is that we live life once, so find that balance between work and play, go out and get fucked up with your mates. I know I'd rather end up living in an alright house, with a wife and kids, going out occasionally with mates than studying my head off and working a highly paid, high hour job.

S'all bout the balance. I really went off topic... Annnd, i know too much about drugs.

Weed cannot cause cancer or emphysema, THC (chemical that makes you 'stoned') is an anti-carcinogenic. It does however contain a higher amount of tar than cigarettes, saying that, you only need to smoke one 'breath' of cannabis to get high, while people will smoke numerous cigarettes throughout the day, so in reality you're most likely going to put less tar on your lungs anyway. If you're worried about the tar, look into vaporizers, they don't harm you physically at all. It is not physically addictive, but i find it mentally habit forming if I've got bud lying around and nothing to do. You cannot die from bud, you'd have to smoke your body weight in 15 minutes, after the 4th cone you'd pass out anyway. Getting a mental illness from grass is seriously unlikely (<3% or something minute), and even then it is disputed whether cannabis causes an illness, or simply triggers a dormant mental illness that was going to emerge sooner or later. 85% of the Australian population have smoked weed, the government claims (in one of those stupid pot pamphlets) that something like 15% of people who smoke cannabis will be diagnosed with a mental illness. So according to them, a huge portion of the Australian population should have a mental illness, do we? No.

k, procrastinating rant over. Back to Xerxes :/
i dirnk coke and im still good at my school stuff,
lol ur just overacting

bazrah

HSC
Everything just said is bs IMO. I reckon its harmless trying it once. I've done it, like 10 times, and i've had no changes/ sideaffects whatsoever.
Yeah, and driven drunk like 10 times and I've never crashed so IMO I'm pretty sure I'm safe to drive around drunk all the time.

HSC
if you drink drive once there is very little chance of anything happening

he said it is harmless trying it once

bazrah

HSC
if you drink drive once there is very little chance of anything happening

he said it is harmless trying it once
Yeah, it was more aimed at his statement that he's done it like 10 times, and he's had no side effects. You could drink drive 10 times and nothing may happen, but on your 11th time you could drive into a tree. Just because you've done something a number of times and had no tangible effects doesn't mean there will be no eventual effects or that effects haven't actually already taken hold that you just don't realize.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)