Is the Arc Student club worth it? (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
The backpack/drink bottle/book with a couple of dozen vouches in it doesn't seem worth it.
Althoguh in the book you got a voucher entitling you to a free schooner of Tooheys (limit 1 per person per day) at Unibar. Can those vouchers be reused or are they one off only?

HSC
the free lipton ice tea was awesome today. just wandering the same thing about arc.

whoisurdaddy

HSC
Arc is a really shitty organization. You're paying like $120 to get basically nothing but a few vouchers and freebies that will probably reward normal student a maximum of $40 (already at a $80 loss). Its also stupid that you cannot participate in arc related volunteer work unless you're an arc member (which entails the majority of the clubs activities).
So what I have to pay both financially and physically to HELP OUT WTH.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
the free lipton ice tea was awesome today. just wandering the same thing about arc.
Can someone please let me know where the Lipton Ice Tea was?? I'm going in tomorrow and won't have a water bottle with me :(

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
Can someone please let me know where the Lipton Ice Tea was?? I'm going in tomorrow and won't have a water bottle with me :(
near all stalls in front of the robert webster building in lower campus.

you can't miss it, the shelter that it's under is spraying droplets of water all over the place.

azsakura

HSC
hahaha the lipton was nice... xDxD i love freebies ( lets face it guys we all love free stuff)

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
hahaha the lipton was nice... xDxD i love freebies ( lets face it guys we all love free stuff)
free sausage sizzle
free vitamin water
free ice tea
free cup noodles
free ..

... unfortunately no free travel. =/

anyway, OP, if you are going to be joining a fair amount of clubs and societies, then it might be worth joining arc as it makes the joining fees quite a bit cheaper. that, combined with the vouchers and coupons that you may or may not use.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A

you can't miss it, the shelter that it's under is spraying droplets of water all over the place.
Thank you good sir! ^^

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Where was the free mineral water?! As chemically useless as that stuff is, it's awfully yummy tasting XD

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
ARC membership is only worthwhile if you plan to spend a lot of time at university doing extra curricular activities.

If you plan on being the sort of uni student that only goes to uni for class and then immediately fucks off home, ARC is not meant for you.

henry08

HSC
N/A

It was gone today, not on campus at all.

There were a few stalls that weren't there yesterday, including NAB, Asus, Liberal party lol, some anti Obama group, some group called "Fix the world's fuck up's" or something lol with huge posters saying that.

The campus tour is meh. Half of it was all team building exercises. I don't want to be talking about objects in my pockets, coloring in smiley faces on stickers, playing gay games in groups and dancing as a group thing etc. The people doing the tours were nice though.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
The campus tour is meh. Half of it was all team building exercises. I don't want to be talking about objects in my pockets, coloring in smiley faces on stickers, playing gay games in groups and dancing as a group thing etc. The people doing the tours were nice though.
Yes, the games are fucking stupid.
Yes, some of the shit you have to do is retarded.
And Yes, I know what I'm talking about as I've conducted campus tours in the past.

But there is a point.

No matter how fucking dumb it seems, team building exercises get nervous little first years to help break the ice between each other and become talkative.

The end justifies the means.

Valupatitta

HSC
first 5 minutes: WOW this is cool! freebies!

the rest of the day: fml get me out of here!

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
ARC membership is only worthwhile if you plan to spend a lot of time at university doing extra curricular activities.

If you plan on being the sort of uni student that only goes to uni for class and then immediately fucks off home, ARC is not meant for you.
I wish I could rep you again...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)